• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 classic rear end, pinion gear.

flsurfer19

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2000 with the chrysler 8.25 my pinion gear and carrier bearings are taking a dump. i need to replace them but im not sure what to do. im 19 and going to an automotive school. i have a friend who works for chrysler so im not worried about the special tools. its the runout on the pinion gear. i know how to do it just dont want to get it wrong. So what im asking is should i try fixing it or just buy a new (used) axle? I also want rear disk's but i dont want the dana 35 what could i find with a d44 with rear disks for my xj? thanks for all the help.

Buy a KJ axle,they have discs!

Yeah,the KJ is the Liberty.The axle housing is different because its coil rear,but it would give you all the needed parts.Or you could cut off all the other brackets and install leaf perches.

hmm... would i just cut off the leaf purches from the old axle and weld them on the new one? and do you know if they make a conversion kit to put rear discs on the 8.25?

Back