• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parking lights stay on

negativecreep

NAXJA Forum User
89 Wagoneer Limited w/4.0 I6

ok i searched a couple different times with different search terms and wasnt able to come up with anything. the problem started after i installed a new headunit and replaced my front wiper motor. now the parking lights (and dash lights) stay on constantly with the ignition, but they are only on maybe 3/4th power. when i flip the parking lights on with the switch they do get brighter. also my dimmer no longer works for turning down the dash lights. i cant really say this is a huge problem since the parking lights will be on any time the engine is running, but it also means quicker battery drain if i just turn the ignition on to listen to the radio or something. anyone ever have an issue like this? everything works that i replaced (wiper motor and headunit), everything is grounded properly and i havent found any blown fuses or anything... this is sort of getting on my nerves

sounds like you blew the dimmer on the head light switch. when you installed the headunit, did you connect the dimmer wire to the headunit. did you disconnect the battery when installing the headunit?

Back