• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanilla Gorrilla blog

That trail looks awesome. I want to get out there when my axle swap is done with you guys

it'll buff out alan.

Also another casualty to this last trail. I found that the chassis is flexing so much the windshield decided to uninstall itself along the bottom all the way across. So now i have some musical windshields to play here soon.

cage it

Also another casualty to this last trail. I found that the chassis is flexing so much the windshield decided to uninstall itself along the bottom all the way across. So now i have some musical windshields to play here soon.

I thought you had frame stiffeners installed.

I love the pic of your thumb.:D I should have gotten a pic of my hand a couple months ago. 3 pound sledge to the side of my index while driving my d60 axle tube onto the inner sleeve I used for narrowing the axle. Turned my entire hand funny colors and the entire palm, index and middle finger swollen. Doctor, nurse and x-ray tech thought I'd broken the finger. But got away with nothing broken. Still aches almost three months later though.:gee:

I love the pic of your thumb.:D I should have gotten a pic of my hand a couple months ago. 3 pound sledge to the side of my index while driving my d60 axle tube onto the inner sleeve I used for narrowing the axle. Turned my entire hand funny colors and the entire palm, index and middle finger swollen. Doctor, nurse and x-ray tech thought I'd broken the finger. But got away with nothing broken. Still aches almost three months later though.:gee:

Pain is fun

So had a bit of a list to fix and get the jeep ready for reno run. All of this showed up on the last trail me and alan did. Side chick. Its quite a challenge.

Replace or repair one of the tires i punctured in the sidewall.
- its at the tire shop, we will see if they can fix it.

Windsheild is shredded and completely unglued on the bottom.
- not sure if i will get to this but the most i will do at this point is shoot some silicone down in the groove to help hold it down. The chassis moves so much its just going to break if i put a new one in.

Driver front inner front shaft
- this got a bit mangled during the last ujoint breakage. I bought a new inner and alloy usa joints. Supposed to be stronger but we will see. At this point im pretty close to buying rcvs. I got this all put back together and running

Rear diff was leaking heavily.
- turned out the bolts had loosened up. Landed a few times on it really hard and the last run

Rear ARB leak
- i have had a leak in the rear arb system for about a year but it worked fine. While i had the cover off i looked and the copper line had broken free of the seal housing. So i tried my hand at a repair. I drilled out the remaining copper in the housing and soldered in the remaining length of tubing. It holds air and no more leak.

I should have the jeep back together tomorrow morning. Then ill go for a quick test rip.

c1d4677be95fcfa019a4d7597daac32e.jpg

adcac3d8e06ebcddc90b0560651bd226.jpg

101837ab2cca12ea79a654ce63ee64be.jpg

2884a0487656769f498e894d50c2b2e2.jpg

991049a0c3738133de3f3f66bf89b254.jpg

92d67542cfdc05d7b66becbdbc109b57.jpg

276bebd7dda093b31952826533aebba5.jpg

Last edited:
So the copper line broke off?

So the copper line broke off?

Yeah it wasnt fully broken off. It was very cracked right at the joint on the seal housing. When i moved it to try and pinpoint the leak, it snapped off. So out the diff came and i tried my hand at plumber soldering it in. Seems to be holding fine. The seal housing kits were all out of stock and some were over a hundred bucks.

Back