NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Red River Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Red River Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2021, 09:22
RRC President

Re: What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderOffRoad View Post
Got the valvetrain finished and the cover back on. Couple more things to button up and I can try starting it and see how bad I screwed up
Hopefully no more issues!

New wheels are on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210226_154256.jpg (74.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20210226_154234.jpg (60.1 KB, 9 views)
4ish inches of upness | 4.56s | 33x12.50 Discoverer STT PROs | 8.25 with Disk Brakes | JKS HD XMember | JCR Front Bumper & Sliders | AJs Offroad Tanker Rear Bumper | NP242 - IRO HackNTap | Ironman4x4Fab UCAs & LCAs | Bilstein 5125s
Old March 1st, 2021, 09:35
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher16 View Post
Hopefully no more issues!
Oh like it would go well now

Went to put in coolant, leak at the thermostat. Pulled it back apart and the new gasket got trashed already. Looks like the stat slipped a bit.

Got a new gasket so I'll try it again. Oil got changed too.

Hoping the 2.5" flex pipe I bought works for a temporary exhaust patch, to slip over the spot I cut. Gotta get everything redone between the downpipe and muffler. Its touching the floor in a few spots thanks to some bashing off road.
Old March 1st, 2021, 12:06
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Jeep is fixed. Marlow Automotive figured out the connector for the speed sensor needed some love.

Getting wheels swapped tomorrow. Too bad its looking like another wet weekend coming up.
Sounds like they are good people. I've always seen jeeps out front of their shop. How'd you like them?
Old March 2nd, 2021, 06:34
RRC President

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6TeXJ View Post
Sounds like they are good people. I've always seen jeeps out front of their shop. How'd you like them?
They were great! Definitely recommend them and will use them again. Probably going to see how much they'll want to get the AC working in the Jeep again.
4ish inches of upness | 4.56s | 33x12.50 Discoverer STT PROs | 8.25 with Disk Brakes | JKS HD XMember | JCR Front Bumper & Sliders | AJs Offroad Tanker Rear Bumper | NP242 - IRO HackNTap | Ironman4x4Fab UCAs & LCAs | Bilstein 5125s
Old Yesterday, 13:43
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
They were great! Definitely recommend them and will use them again. Probably going to see how much they'll want to get the AC working in the Jeep again.
That's good!

Been debating if I want to do the blend door for the defrost to feet or see how much it would be to have it done. I know it's like a 6-8hr job....
Old Yesterday, 19:33
NAXJA Member

It’s alive!

Got it started tonight after doing the thermostat a third time. Kept slipping down, never had that issue before.

Still open header but I needed to fire it up. Idled smooth. Debating just towing it to the exhaust shop instead of trying to figure out a temporary connection
Old Today, 06:49
RRC President

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderOffRoad View Post
Itís alive!

Got it started tonight after doing the thermostat a third time. Kept slipping down, never had that issue before.

Still open header but I needed to fire it up. Idled smooth. Debating just towing it to the exhaust shop instead of trying to figure out a temporary connection
Awesome!! I'd probably go the tow route since Id be tired of dealing with it. lol
Old Today, 15:09
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Awesome!! I'd probably go the tow route since Id be tired of dealing with it. lol
same lol