NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Sierra Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Sierra Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old January 24th, 2008, 23:54
NAXJA Forum User

Snow in the Mother Lode...

Wow...anyone else in my neck of the woods? Twain Harte is pretty well covered! Almost couldn't get out of the driveway today...this is the view of the driveway this morning from the front door. Just out of view, the street climbs up to the right. I was just slippin' forward about half-inch at a time with all 4 spinning trying to get up the hill!

Old January 25th, 2008, 09:58
NAXJA Member

Re: Snow in the Mother Lode...

Looks like fun. Not much of a snow kinda guy, I guess thats why I don't live up that way. I do like to visit it on occasion though......
Old January 28th, 2008, 17:21
NAXJA Forum User

The 4WD club is heading out to Twain Harte for their annual Snow Run in a few weeks. Sounds like there will be lots of snow to play in.

Smittie
Old January 29th, 2008, 00:30
NAXJA Member #1358

Made a small trip with my friend. Spent a night in a tent on snow at a snow park at the Carson pass last weekend. Woke up to avalanche blasts. 20" of new snow around the tent, went xcountry skiing, 32km, nice day in the snow.
Old February 4th, 2008, 17:21
NAXJA Member

hey guys, i live in sacto and want to join the sierra chapter here on naxja, is there any kind of initiation process other than the application and fee's, like do i need to meet ya all before the first time i roll out to a trial with you guys? im on naxja every day...
im rolling with a 89xj 3" 33's 3.55's, d44 waiting for brake parts, lockright and posilok waiting to go up front, skids, trimming and bushwackers, conferrrack and lights all around, hood vents and working on a snorkel, stock tow hook setup, free cheapo brush gurad, jerry can holder, roll bar waiting to go in,
Old February 9th, 2008, 19:44
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondejoncherokee
hey guys, i live in sacto and want to join the sierra chapter here on naxja, is there any kind of initiation process other than the application and fee's, like do i need to meet ya all before the first time i roll out to a trial with you guys? im on naxja every day...
im rolling with a 89xj 3" 33's 3.55's, d44 waiting for brake parts, lockright and posilok waiting to go up front, skids, trimming and bushwackers, conferrrack and lights all around, hood vents and working on a snorkel, stock tow hook setup, free cheapo brush gurad, jerry can holder, roll bar waiting to go in,
Do yourself a favor and do GEARS before anything else on your list! Less strain on the drivetrain, gobs more TQ at the wheels for off roading, and you'll pick up at least 3mpg.
Old February 11th, 2008, 00:46
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Just show up and meet the locals. The rest will take care of itself. Welcome!
Old February 11th, 2008, 11:28
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
hood vents
hood vents?

Hood Vents!!

HOOD VENTS?!?!

IS THAT LA BARON HOOOD VENTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
Say it with me......Le Baron......Le Baron.....

Sweet.
Sorry just an old dumb joke, but welcome to !