• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nov 6th is coming, how to determine your vote

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
Break it down in simple terms. Neither Obama or Romney can fix the deficit or balance the budget in the next 4 years, make us 100% energy independant or guarantee secure borders.

Bottom line, we need to put someone in the Oval Office that will lead us in the right direction, with these target goals at the forefront.

This comment from a businessman in this article makes it really simple to understand.

“I’m afraid of the president,” said Wynn. “I have no idea what goofy idea, what crazy, anti-business program this administration will come up. I have no idea. And I have to tell you, Jon, that every business guy I know in the country is frightened of Barack Obama and the way he thinks.”

“The president is trying to put himself between me and my employees,” said Wynn. “By class warfare, by deprecating and calling a group that makes money ‘billionaires and millionaires who don't pay their share.’ I gave 120 percent of my salary and bonus away last year to charities, as I do most years.”

He continued: “I can’t stand the idea of being demagogued, that is, put down by a president who has never created any jobs and who doesn't even understand how the economy works.”
Earlier on the show, Wynn boasted of creating 250,000 jobs in Nevada, which he said was 250,000 more than the president had created.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ceo-wynn-i-m-afraid-president

1 = Incident
2 = Coincidence
3 = Pattern

Ok that is two resort owners that have stated President Obama should not be re-elected.

Where's the third?

Although I agree with Wynn, President Obama scares me too.

Last edited:
I work with business owners and managers every day. I also work with property developers who are working on projects 12-24 months out. I don't talk politics with them unless they bring up the subject, but the pattern I've witnessed in the past 6 months is the majority of them bring up these same issues that Winn pointed out.

3....or 300?
Here's a short list:

White Castle
Dunkin Donuts
Subway
Papa Johns
McDonalds
Burger King
Quiznos
True Value

Obama keeps talking about helping the low income and middle income wage earner, yet these are the folks who will see a direct negative impact from Obamacare, as well as other policies.

Even CNBC’s Jim Cramer, who cannot be accused of being a conservative, admits that ObamaCare will hurt businesses.

“What I’m telling you, business leaders fear [ObamaCare] more than anything. They don’t want to hire, this is part of the underground economy that is going to develop, because no one wants people on the books, because of ObamaCare. People have to recognize that this is a front and center issue for every CEO I deal with and another reason why they don’t want to hire here and they want to hire there. They want to put the jobs in Asia, they want to put the jobs in Mexico, because they don’t want to think about how much more it’s going to cost to hire a new person,” Cramer said on Mad Money.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/item/12395-small-businesses-bemoan-obamacare-costs

For all the hoopla one may make out of the September unemployment figure, a closer look finds the Obama economy is still miserable. The jobless rate fell because employment increased by 873,000 last month. But a whopping two-thirds of those jobs — 582,000 — were part time.

As the Bureau of Labor Statistics put it, “These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.”
Do Biden and Obama want to campaign on four more years of that?

What’s more, a 7.8 percent jobless rate is more than 2 percentage points above the 5.6 percent rate the administration predicted for this month when it promoted its $830 billion stimulus in 2009.

Some other indicators support the idea that September was a fluke. The nation’s economic growth rate has been falling for a couple of years, hitting 1.3 percent in the second quarter. Consumer spending fell in September, reports Gallup.

A survey by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce found 60 percent of small-business owners and executives say the business climate has deteriorated over the last two years, and only 17 percent expect to hire more workers next year, a number that’s been trending down this year.

And 76 percent say the costs and regulations of ObamaCare make it harder to hire more workers.

Obama and Biden may tout a nice-looking September jobless rate, but looking under the hood shows that, as James Pethokoukis of the American Enterprise Institute put it, “The U.S. labor market remains in deep depression with virtually no recovery since the official end of the Great Recession.”

http://www.uschambersmallbusinessna...s-rate-looks-nice---until-you-look-under-hood

1 = Incident
2 = Coincidence
3 = Pattern

Ok that is two resort owners that have stated President Obama should not be re-elected.

Where's the third?

Although I agree with Wynn, President Obama scares me too.

do i have to own a resort in order to be counted as the third?

or does owning a manufacturing business that employs 165 people (hoping to expand and employ more) that has a commitment and initiative to purchase american made products and machinery count?

What Obama doesn't understand, simply because he hasn't CREATED anything, is that owners of most small-medium sized business that are classified as an LLC or s-corp have their SALES taxed as if it were individual income, regardless of the salary structure.

Also, what people don't realize, is that Obama is allowing an important tax deduction for businesses that are making capital purchases to expire. The current incentive is simply a way of letting business KEEP the money that they work hard at making so they can use it to straighten, technologically improve, innovate, widen the capacity and capabilities of their business....GONE after 2012.

that means, those of us in a position to make purchases that meet budget and ROI requirements are going to suspend or cease money-spending.

The 2 million dollars worth of spending I made in 2012 to a huge list of American companies will NOT be made in 2013+

Plans to acquire/expand (save) a manufacturing facility in Rosemont Illinois and other projects will be suspended.

If what you do for a living even remotely comes close to the private US manufacturing food chain, don't be baffled in 2013 when consumer confidence, the stock market, jobs, economy and our credit rating begin their downward trend again.

The current minuscule uptick in spending right now is an anomaly caused by those taking advantage of a soon-to-expire incentive.

Last edited:
For all the hoopla one may make out of the September unemployment figure, a closer look finds the Obama economy is still miserable. The jobless rate fell because employment increased by 873,000 last month. But a whopping two-thirds of those jobs — 582,000 — were part time.

As the Bureau of Labor Statistics put it, “These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.”
Do Biden and Obama want to campaign on four more years of that?

What’s more, a 7.8 percent jobless rate is more than 2 percentage points above the 5.6 percent rate the administration predicted for this month when it promoted its $830 billion stimulus in 2009.

Some other indicators support the idea that September was a fluke. The nation’s economic growth rate has been falling for a couple of years, hitting 1.3 percent in the second quarter. Consumer spending fell in September, reports Gallup.

A survey by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce found 60 percent of small-business owners and executives say the business climate has deteriorated over the last two years, and only 17 percent expect to hire more workers next year, a number that’s been trending down this year.

And 76 percent say the costs and regulations of ObamaCare make it harder to hire more workers.

Obama and Biden may tout a nice-looking September jobless rate, but looking under the hood shows that, as James Pethokoukis of the American Enterprise Institute put it, “The U.S. labor market remains in deep depression with virtually no recovery since the official end of the Great Recession.”

http://www.uschambersmallbusinessna...s-rate-looks-nice---until-you-look-under-hood

Let's not forget the "false deflation" of unemployment numbers. BLS numbers are generally developed from the "official roles" - read: numbers of people on the dole. Ergo, BLS figures do not account for:
- People who have shifted over to welfare instead of working
- People whose benefits have run out, but still can't find work
- People who have shifted to disability from unemployment
- People who have simply given up on trying to find work.

I wonder what the true unemployment figure for this country is. I'll guarantee you it's a lot higher than the media sez it is.

Throw in the business uncertainty due to Obamacare, the uncertainty due to wonder what new tax policies are going to be, and the increased expense of finding a job (all around, but primarily due to increase fuel costs,) and one can't help but wonder. Mr. Romney - while 47% of Americans may be on public assistance, this isn't strictly because they're lazy. Look at the whole picture, please.

Obama's "saved or created jobs"..........

List to date, of failed/failing green energy companies and the Federal funding (taxpayer $) received,

Evergreen Solar ($24 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($69 million)*
AES’s subsidiary Eastern Energy ($17.1 million)
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.5 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
National Renewable Energy Lab ($200 million)
Fisker Automotive ($528 million)
Abound Solar ($374 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($6 million)
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Schneider Electric ($86 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.4 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
LSP Energy ($2.1 billion)*
UniSolar ($100 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($120 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($150 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($10 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*

*denoted companies which have filed for bankruptcy

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/10/18/president-obamas-taxpayer-backed-green-energy-
failures/

Need any more proof that the government needs to stay out of business?

Here's another failed solar company.

Gasoline tipped the scales at $5 per gallon last week but the freeway was congested. The September return to school commute that was 1hr 10minutes for the past year is 1hr 30mins this year, and that is even with a lane being added for 20 of my daily 44 miles. On the southside of town a new track of homes is being constructed, Target is building a new store and a Home Depot is set to open in Spring 2013.

The economy stinks right? I read it here on NAXJA everyday.

The question isn't going to be which candidate when elected will help the economy improve; the question is which candidate will be watching it happen from the oval office.

Here's another failed solar company.

Gasoline tipped the scales at $5 per gallon last week but the freeway was congested. The September return to school commute that was 1hr 10minutes for the past year is 1hr 30mins this year, and that is even with a lane being added for 20 of my daily 44 miles. On the southside of town a new track of homes is being constructed, Target is building a new store and a Home Depot is set to open in Spring 2013.

The economy stinks right? I read it here on NAXJA everyday.

The question isn't going to be which candidate when elected will help the economy improve; the question is which candidate will be watching it happen from the oval office.

so...you're thinking the prez can't really influence the condition of the economy?

Ben Bernake sneezes and the economy takes a dive. The US President affects the economy one way, bad decisions about war that makes the rest of the world nervous.

If President Obama was so bad for the economy, why is it improving?

There is a lot more at stake this election than the economy.

Simple, he is laying off of his policies just long enough to get reelected. If he gets reelected, you can kiss the US economy, Constitution, and Bill of Rights goodbye.

I agree with the statement he is laying off his policies with the birth control & Catholic Church employees being a prime example.

Thanks. Because in the end, participation in the electoral process is what is important.

"Vote Early, Vote Often!"

"If voting could actually change anything, it would be illegal."

Yeah, I'm a cynic. But, that doesn't stop me from participation - even if that participation is to go to the slight effort to turn an in unmarked ballot in protest.

Thumb rules:
- Vote against the incumbent. I'm not often impressed with anything they've done.
- Vote against tax hikes. They don't need more money, they need to figure out how to better spend what they're getting (and perhaps not pay themselves so damned much!)
- Bond issues are tricky. I hear of more running over budget than coming in correctly. Convince me of their basic utility, and convince me that you need the extra money and cannot come up with it anywhere else. Bonds are essentially taking on loans, which is taking on liability.
- Vote against any measure that restricts personal liberty for no very good reason.
- Vote against any new law that restricts personal liberty for no very good reason.
- Vote for anything that limits government power and influence.

Back