NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old May 6th, 2021, 21:11
NAXJA Forum User

Softest ride with 32" tires

My back is bad from TBD Army. I'd like to get my 99 XJ on 31" tires. Is the softest rude via OME? I've got a rustys front bumper and winch on it now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old May 6th, 2021, 21:25
NAXJA Forum User

Typo, 31" tires is what I'm thinking

Old May 7th, 2021, 02:52
NAXJA Member

Re: Softest ride with 32" tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czjeeper View Post
My back is bad from TBD Army. I'd like to get my 99 XJ on 31" tires. Is the softest rude via OME? I've got a rustys front bumper and winch on it now.

Just a suggestion, but might be worth your time to give Dirk at DPG offroad a call and give him a run-down on what you're after.

He pieced together a custom setup for me based on my use case. I'm still waiting on my components from OME, so I can't comment first hand on performance yet, but he was helpful and patient in listening to my needs and explaining the different options and tradeoffs.

If your #1 priority is comfort and compliance, perhaps piecing together a kit with softer springs and lower damping rates might get you more towards your goal than an "off the shelf" kit.

I'm sure others with more first hand experience of kit options can offer better insight, but based on my past experience, comfort and ride quality impressions are very personal and subjective.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old May 7th, 2021, 05:13
NAXJA Forum User

Deaver springs with possibly a leaf removed to adjust for height and/or some SRB's.
Old May 7th, 2021, 20:21
NAXJA Forum User

What are SRB's?

Old Yesterday, 06:24
NAXJA Forum User

"Shackle re-location brackets".
https://www.stinkyfab.com/collection...ation-brackets
Old Yesterday, 06:27
NAXJA Forum User

Shackle relocation box. The shackle mounting point (to the vehicle) is moved several inches towards the front of the vehicle. When this is done in combination with using a longer-than-stock shackle, a steeper shackle angle is formed, and this considerably softens the rear suspension. This happens because as the leaf spring compresses and straightens, the shackle travels through an arc, partially in an upward direction allowing the rear leaf spring mounting point to move upward and creating more rear wheel travel. The spring rate can be reduced by as much as 30% depending on the selected shackle angle. Not only does it soften the ride, but it adds wheel travel, so its a great mod for the rear suspension.

The factory shackle box is cut out of the vehicle, and an aftermarket one is installed, either by bolting or welding.
Old Yesterday, 19:13
NAXJA Forum User

What tires do you want to run? This also plays a part with ride.
Old Today, 07:18
NAXJA Forum User

I agree with rcp.
Contact needs made with deaver and the like. Possibly accutune, filthy motor sports, shock builders who can valve shocks to your needs. And give you options and likely possible positive outcomes in how your money is spent

Or just give me your money now, atleast ill get some use out of it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk