• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel/Water Can Holder

Sinton

NAXJA Forum User
I've been searching the forums and other websites looking for a good way to mount my fuel/water cans.
I've got 2 Scepter water cans and looking at getting 2 NATO jerry cans.
Trying to mount them to my Kargo Master Roof Rack. Any suggestions or leads?

I just ordered one of the double Front Runner holders. I did see this one before but I didnt see the picture of it holding the Scepter can. I only ordered one to see how it fits on the rack. As always, thanks OverlandXJ.

Just got the double holder. You can mount it pretty much any way you want to, numerous holes in the base. It fits the NATO jerry cans perfectly. Kinda tight with the Scepter water cans. The first time I had to sit on the top to get it to lock. Overall, I would say a good buy for $100. Ill post pictures later.

Nice, looking fwd to pics. So it doesnt fit the Scepters well, might have problems when you fill them as they will swell a bit.

Here are some pictures of the Front Runner Jerry Can Holder.
It has alot of holes for different installation configurations.
IMG_1305.jpg

It will not hold two Scepter cans.
IMG_1307.jpg

It will hold two NATO Jerry Cans.
IMG_1309.jpg

Here it is installed on the Kargo Master Rack, I had to drill some holes into the skids.
IMG_1313.jpg

Here it is installed, height is pretty good. Getting them up there full is okay.
IMG_1320.jpg

I am a HUGE fan of the Scepter containers... having used them in the army I know what they go through and it's far more then I will ever put a jerry can through. Here's some cool reading for y'all:

Scepte2.gif

ert01, Scepters are nice, but as a civilian we can no longer buy them. When CARB compliancy was enacted that ended it. Used or smuggling in from Canada is the only way to get the fuel cans now. LCI has almost exact replica's for those who need Water cans.

I am in Canada :) We can get them here pretty easy.

As far as I understand it, CARB compliance is only mandatory in some states... you could probably get Scepters from states that don't have to be CARB compliant. But then again I may be completely wrong.... it's happened before.

It was partial at the beginning, later all states had to comply.

Besides, Scepter wont ship to a civy in the states and neither will the other distributors of their product.

Lets partner up, you drive the truck across the border and i'll take it from there. :shhh:

Back