• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 XJ, 2 dr, 4" lift, needs springs, clutch, $1200

evldave

NAXJA Forum User
Was going to fix this, but don't have time anymore...

91 XJ, 4.0L, 2dr ~180k miles, 5 sp. Body is straight. 4" lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT w/85-90%, interior is ok, usual stains. Driver's seat bracket is cracked, can be welded easy. Borla header, flowmaster exhaust (two outlet). Otherwise bone stock w/no extra power options or gauge setup. It looks great & runs fantastic, but...

The problems:

Needs new rear springs - they get bad axle wrap & have sagged so bad the driveline jams up in to the TC & binds up. It's driveable, but the DL starts to bind & makes this annoying pinging sound. I pulled the rear DL & it drives fine in FWD. No SYE, just an extended driveline.

Needs new clutch & slave cylinder. I gotta bleed it every so often & it's going to need a new clutch soon. It doesn't slip at all, but doesn't feel like there's much left.

Spedometer doesn't work - don't know why, don't care, that's what GPS is for.

Need to seal some exhaust leaks - some joints are open & need to be welded closed.

Might need a new battery - DH gold, but I haven't run it in 4 months, so who know whether it will still hold a charge.

I can get you pics if you want. I wouldn't recommend trying to drive this away, unless you want to drive in FWD. Price is $1200 firm - if I don't find anyone interested in buying it whole, I'll eventually part it out, so let me know if you want parts & I'll put you on the list.

hows the condition of the header and flowmaster if you end up parting out?... what kind of rims are the tires on

The header's in good shape - it's been on for about a year. The flowmaster is still good, but is dented & beat up pretty good. I'll let you know if I decide to part it out.

Rims are beater crome 15x8 rims. I don't know the BS, but will go check & let you know.

Back