• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower keeps blowing A/C fuse

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Any ideas what could be causing this, the fuse for the blower keeps blowing, not sure why this is happening, anyone have any idea??

might be your blower motor going bad. The previous owner of mine kept having that problem, so in a pinch her boyfriend stuck a piece of metal in the fuse block to give her some heat. Well, I got to replace the wiring/ controller/ resistor/ and motor when I got it! The motor was super easy to replace compared to most I have done, it's right in the firewall in the engine compartment. I just had to remove the washer fluid bottle to get to mine.

You could also have a bad resistor pack. Since it is exposed to the air coming in to the intake vent, debris and other contaminants can cause corrosion between the elements. This increases the resistance path (and in case of ground) causings increased current flow.

rstarch345 said:
You could also have a bad resistor pack. Since it is exposed to the air coming in to the intake vent, debris and other contaminants can cause corrosion between the elements. This increases the resistance path (and in case of ground) causings increased current flow.

Where would I check for the resistor pack??

Back