• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Borla Header Fitment (PN: 17039)

RKTJeep

NAXJA Forum User
So my HO replacement long block is finishing up at the shop next week (sooner than expected). I'm going through my parts list in a panic to get everything in order. I will be having a shop R&R the engine in the MJ. I currently don't have a garage (after a recent move), and I'm trying to make sure all my ducks are in a row to make the install as simple as possible to avoid additional labor charges.

I'm building this truck for my self with no intentions of selling, so i am looking to do things right the first time. I would like to run a full 300 series stainless exhaust. But it looks like our options are limited. I have my eyes on the Borla head and front pipe, part number 17039, which is spec'd for the 93-97 XJ.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Borla-17039-Stainless-Steel-Headers-/111037777514

I'm wondering if anyone has put it on an MJ? My plan would be to have the shop install this part of the system, then run a "dumped" exhaust (temporarily) until i can find a shop to bend me an full stainless cat-back system.

Any idea if this will work, or will the system require extensive modification to get it that far?

Thanks

James

Then it'll fit. I bought a Borla header for my first 96 XJ. It was then used on my 98 XJ, then my 92 MJ.

I'm running one on my HO motor, works with both the HO intake and the later model 99+ intake. The header comes down and front pipe crosses under the engine and is a slip fit at the transmission crossmember. Be aware, they move the O2 sensor to the rear of the header which is 180 degrees from the stock location, so you will have to lengthen the cable. What I did was use the wiring from my old sensor with a new "universal" sensor and adapter kit.

Back