• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ever hate being the nice guy?

DDCxj

NAXJA Forum User
we got about 3" of some slippery snow here today. So, its the end of school, I go out to my jeep and this kid in his mustang is stuck in the parking lot. He was 1/2" away from sliding the rear end into a montero so I get him to stop trying to get out just in time. Then I go get my my jeep and tow strap and hook it up. I tell him to get in the car and keep it going straight and hit the brakes when I stop.

So first a soccer mom in a volvo starts turning in between my jeep and the stang until my buddy started screaming at her, she was still a little clueless, didn't see the nice yellow strap in between I guess. So everyone else stops while I pull it out but one problem, the kid didnt get in his damn car, so everyone is yelling at me to get my attention, I get out and find his mustang into my trailer hitch, he was lucky that was it.

I got one simple rule about pulling people out:
If acting like a complete idiot got them stuck, I will leave them there, thy can pay for stupidity. If they were just driving normal and slid or something like that, I would be happy to pull them out. The kid with the mustang shouldn't be expecting another tug after not even getting in his car.

Who else hates being the nice guy that has everything go wrong?

dean

<sigh>

No good deed goes unpunished.

How bout those bastards that always offer to reimburse you for your time. That really gets my goat. :)

I don't even care about reimburment. I dug an eldery guy out of an icebank last year and got a unexpected $5, but I didn't care if I got that or not. All I ask for a little common sense.

DDCxj said:
I don't even care about reimburment. I dug an eldery guy out of an icebank last year and got a unexpected $5, but I didn't care if I got that or not. All I ask for a little common sense.

EXACTLY!!!

I've pulled out so many different cars out of so many different (mostly wintery) siutations.....and EACH time I always have to be concerned with "what dumb thing THEY might end up doing"

like gunning it when being pulled out, and end up slammin into your rear bumper. . . (I pulled out a 2WD f-150 a few years ago who slammed into me, denting me (then) stock bumper)

now i have a really beefy rear bumper so im not as worried ;)

So what part of "straighten the wheel" don't you understand?

I've pulled out a few folks, and they're usually clueless. No surprise I suppose, since they got into trouble that way too. The ones that get me are the ones who can't understand simple instructions, like "take your foot off the brake," and "straighten the wheel."

I winched a gainesville florida police cruiser about 20 feet through the mud and the whole time the winch on my wrecker struggled and the car sank deeper as it pulled toward the road....I finally walked through the deep mud to instructed the officer sitting in his cruiser to put it in gear...
another time on daytona beach a benz owner almost rear ended my friends truck when he got scared and bailed out of his car as it was being slowly pulled out of the sand...

I guess I'm an ass, but I won't help people who drive fancy cars/SUV's who get into dumb situations like that. If they are that stupid and ignorant, they can pay someone to get them out. But I will help out the average person in a heartbeat (especially if she looks hot ).

imma honky said:
But I will help out the average person in a heartbeat (especially if she looks hot ).

If the average person where you live is a she who looks hot ... I wanna know where you live. :anon:

Back