• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ohana Fab sliders install help

rckymtnguy

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a set of Ohana Fab sliders from the NAXJA classified here a few weeks back, and I am finally getting a chance to mount them up.

Couple of questions, I started mocking up the passenger side and I am not able to get the pinch weld to line up correctly, it appears that arms are a little longer than they need to be. I have about 1/2" gap between the pinch seam and the slider. (I'll post a pic in a few) when the mounting plates hit the frame.... What am I missing?

If I put some sort of spacers in there will it just weaken the mounting point to the pinch seem?

IMG_20140101_100926_161.jpg

I've bought his sliders before. He's a good guy..... Maybe mock up both sides and check to see if both are too long. If so, I'm betting he'd be willing to shorten them up for ya. 1/2" is a pretty big gap. The 3 sets I've bought from him were pretty tight with no more than 1/4" gap.

As far as that slight gap on one half of that mount where it overlaps the seam on the frame, just use a washer as a spacer.

Looks like to me they might be in the wrong side! The front leg should be 1/2or 3/4 shorter than the back IIRC.

The pinch seam just seems to be angled outwards enough that when I put enough leverage into getting the slider up against the pinch seam, the arms down angle down a little.
So I managed to get a few bolts into the pinch seam. Now I can just use a little leaver to push the arms back up in to the frame to mark for bolts.

Now its a matter of drilling those stubborn pinch seam holes.

Back