• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE3.5 Or Rusty's 4.5

HOOP

NAXJA Forum User
posted earlier about 32s with re 3.5,original plans were Re 4.5 but $ is tight,found rusty's 4.5 for same price as re 3.5,just wanting some input on it,yes i've heard of some spring issues on rust'y on other sights but supposedly their supposed to be taken care of now,remember im not going for hardcore trailin this is going to be my dd,all hardroads occasional mudhole.just needin some real input not just what youve heard,this could be my ticket .

HOOP

i run the RE 3.5 with full packs and couldnt be happier. Netted about 4 inches and flexes as well as rides great. I got the packs used so the whole kit ended up being around 600 with dt3000 shocks. Heard good and bad about rusty stuff. The only bad products that RE made really were the old discos and some of there driveshafts. When it comes to suspension i dont think you can go wrong with RE. If you dont want to trim the front will rub slightly with 32s. If you have an older style xj it will fit no problem.

Well according to Rusty's they use the same spring supplier as RE now. So the quality should be there. They did admit that they had some problems with their old spring sagging with heavier loads. But now they claim to have fixed the problem.

its your jeep -

make a decision...

well here's my .02 i installed the rusty's 4.5 kit in my 89 which is my dd and it rides great. i liked both the re and rusty's kit but yes money was tight so i went with the rusty's kit and it works great. need to do some trimming to fit my 33's under with no rubbing

redsand187 said:
Well according to Rusty's they use the same spring supplier as RE now. So the quality should be there. They did admit that they had some problems with their old spring sagging with heavier loads. But now they claim to have fixed the problem.
Just because they use the same supplier doesn't mean they are the same quality. Hopefully there's some improvement over his normal Kwalitee product, but I wouldn't put much faith in that...

Back