• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Anyone know of a good solution for tail lights? I don't want the metal boxes, too expensive, but do like the idea of a flat mount LED tail light. Was thinking of just welding a piece of sheet oever where the taillights mount now then cutting some holes for the leds. Any good write ups on the led wiring? Or have any of you done it?

You don't really have to add the plate in. You can just cut what's already there. I never finished but I was going to add a small thin plate over the hole that is still there and add a 2" round light of some sort...

I guess adding the plate wouldn't look bad. Just not necessary.

DSC01089.jpg

X2 I have mine the same way with reverse lights below my tail lights

Wire them up to tow lights or they won't work correctly
if u don't have tow wiring u have to buy the trailer unit for tow lights

Nah lol, gonna throw some 33 Wild Country MTX's on it in a few weeks.

Rear locker is fun, tore up a buddys field yesterday after install, think imma run thicker gear oil next time I change it, the 80/90 just aint thick enough, thing is pretty loud heard the guys running the thicker stuff have better luck.

its just noise.... its not hurting anything running 90w. Her jeep is a symphony of clicks pops and creaks, just part of owning a rig and not just transportation

Stop and brake work with the standard wiring. I used the standard wiring and just don't have turn signals. Who needs turn signals?

You don't really have to add the plate in. You can just cut what's already there. I never finished but I was going to add a small thin plate over the hole that is still there and add a 2" round light of some sort...

I guess adding the plate wouldn't look bad. Just not necessary.

DSC01089.jpg

Well maybe you two will come visit one Saturday and help me knock it out? I'll cook pizza and supply the beer! Andy where you get the lights? How much were they?

O'Reilly's. and I think they were 45 bucks for the kit.

Travis said his slid right in with no cutting. My tail light area had been modified but a tree or two so I ended up hacking it out a bit so they'd fit. It doesn't look bad in that picture but up close it looks like a 3 year old cut it with a dull butter knife.

Glenn, I feel sure your tail light area may have been slightly modified by trees as well. Just a guess.

I love the smell of mud on the exhaust.

Mud doesn't stick to my exhaust. There's a nice layer of oil that's provided a slick coating.

Every time I pull up to a light (especialy after getting off the highway) i'm engulfed in a cloud of smoke. Seriously almost at the point of letting somebody else take a stab at these stupid oil leaks.

I hate that smell! Means it's baking on.
ehhh. Easy to wash off with a hose. I had to drop most of my exhaust system to pull the trans/transfer case in comfort last weekend and it mostly brushed off with my fingers. Heck the bolts on the catalytic converter flange even came loose with my fingers after I got them about half a turn out.

O'Reilly's. and I think they were 45 bucks for the kit.

Travis said his slid right in with no cutting. My tail light area had been modified but a tree or two so I ended up hacking it out a bit so they'd fit. It doesn't look bad in that picture but up close it looks like a 3 year old cut it with a dull butter knife.

Glenn, I feel sure your tail light area may have been slightly modified by trees as well. Just a guess.

Trees? No Rocks in Lion's Den? Hell yes!

ehhh. Easy to wash off with a hose. I had to drop most of my exhaust system to pull the trans/transfer case in comfort last weekend and it mostly brushed off with my fingers. Heck the bolts on the catalytic converter flange even came loose with my fingers after I got them about half a turn out.

Oddly enough, every O2 sensor i've changed on a Jeep with a muddy exhaust (mine included at the time) has come right now with no fuss.

Mud = Natures Anti-sieze

Oddly enough, every O2 sensor i've changed on a Jeep with a muddy exhaust (mine included at the time) has come right now with no fuss.

Mud = Natures Anti-sieze

Hey Tim, I found the shiftgate for the 231 if you want it. Its a lil dirty but what jeep part isnt? lol

Trees? No Rocks in Lion's Den? Hell yes!

Got mine from eBay went with the crystal cover but red leds were like 30 and 19 led reverse lights were like 25
And I did have to trim about an 1/8" over the oval where it folds in
used a die grinder and carbide tip was super easy
Then a 3x3 square to cover the gap at the bottom then drilled a 2" hole for reverse lights

Installed a brand new bed mat in my '89 MJ. That's right. Brand New!!! Never used, still in the original packaging. It even says "Jeep" right across the middle and "Comanche" on the sides.

I paid a whopping $25.00 for it. That was a SCORE in my book!!

Installed a brand new bed mat in my '89 MJ. That's right. Brand New!!! Never used, still in the original packaging. It even says "Jeep" right across the middle and "Comanche" on the sides.

Pics or it didn't happen. :eyes:

I have one of those for mine!

Pics or it didn't happen. :eyes:

You know the rules Mark!

Back