• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trucks! ZJ Build

Mudderoy

NAXJA Forum User
So no one commented on Trucks! from this past weekend. They are doing a ZJ build due to the popularity of their "Cheep Jeep" series.

I'm no "Soccer Mom" ZJ fan, but it's still a Jeep.

They are putting Dana 60's and a long arm kit on it.

Actually I would have like it better if they had upgraded the Cheep Jeep, but at least they are doing stuff that I can benefit from watching.

I thought it was pretty cool that they trashed the stock Dana 44. I did not know that some of the Dana 44's had aluminum housings!

http://www.powerblocktv.com/sites/trucks/episodes/index.php?ep_num=TK2008-14&ep_sea=0802

"5 Grand Cherokee Part 1"

Last edited:
ZJ 44 is aluminum.

Definately not a cheep build though :roll:

My buddy has a ZJ on 33's its pretty bad ass on the trail. Gene MJ has one too but i didn't see it in action

I would be interested in watching the build. If someone could record it for me and then e-mail me the vids I woudl be grateful.

Since we moved we have no cable tv. :(

New landlords wouldn't include it.....

I thought there was already a thread about this. They put D30 knuckles on the D60 they put in there and I thought people were bashing them about it. Either way it looks like it will be nice when it's done.
BTW It will be funny as hell if that Rusty's trackbar breaks while filming it offroad.

Mudderoy said:
They are putting Dana 60's and a long arm kit on it.
Horribly at best.
Balljoint D60s with WJ D30 outers? (n) Come on...
Rusty's craptastic long arm? (n) Again, come on...

I know that the show is all sponsor driven, but if Xtreme4x4 and Horsepower can (for the most part) get decent parts, why can't Trucks! if it is also a "Powerblock" show?

At any rate, it doesn't really matter to me much anymore, I use it as a 20min laugh session now. :D

kdailey4315 said:
I thought there was already a thread about this. They put D30 knuckles on the D60 they put in there and I thought people were bashing them about it. Either way it looks like it will be nice when it's done.
BTW It will be a forgone conclusion when that Rusty's trackbar breaks while filming it offroad.
fixeded

raypla said:
They said $5000 including the purchase of the vehicle :laugh3: and they just happen to have some fully loaded Dana 60's laying around the shop:sure:
They said that just the ZJ was 5K.

kdailey4315 said:
BTW It will be funny as hell if that Rusty's trackbar breaks while filming it offroad.

Could be. Maybe I need to start using the advanced search. I can never find anything using search on here. :(

Did anybody notice the decal above the rear view mirror on the xj? I'm pretty sure it was the NAXJA one. I liked how they got the top of the line ZJ with the 5.9, then put the cheapest longarm kit they could find on it.

iluv83vettes said:
Did anybody notice the decal above the rear view mirror on the xj? I'm pretty sure it was the NAXJA one. I liked how they got the top of the line ZJ with the 5.9, then put the cheapest longarm kit they could find on it.

lol, I wouldn't doubt it. There was a thread about "Cheep Jeep" where we were trashing their decisions. I think they both got on here and defended their choices. It'll be interesting to see if they return and justify some of the stuff the did. Before it was because it was "cheap", mostly.

While i was watching it, the whole time i thought to myself "i bet they're gonna use Rusty's"

Back