• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lights on roof

rock rash

NAXJA Forum User
when wiring lights for a roof rack of light bar, where/how do you feed wire into the inside. Just trying to get a good idea of what is needed.

Casey

I drilled a hole in the front part of the rack slider and ran the wires down behind the interior. Just use a good sealer so it doesn't leak. I would consider not putting lights on your roof. If you look at my avitar you can see my lights are folded back, they hit every branch possible and are useless after 5 feet on the trail. I will be moving them to my bumper soon.

I have my lights on my roof rack, but i bought the Yakima light bar attachment so they are basically housed inside the rack. I've hit lots of branches with them, and the sign in a parking garage the sign said "6 Ft Clearance, this is not a test bar" was to me Best Pic I could find
217976406OhhjMz_ph.jpg

i just took out 2 bolts from my stock rack rails. the 2nd bolts in the front. ran the wires through those holes and sealed them up, then i ran the wires down the a-pillar. works good for me. since this pic i now have 2 KC daylighters on my rack because those lights broke off the first trip offroad.
243790_251_full.jpg

I used the grommit <sp> and "pass-thru" that the rear window washer hose used. I only have lights on the back of the rack though, front facing lights are on the bumper. :us:

Back