• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crash test dummy - passed my test! Jeep did not.

Not really bigger in the physical sense. But bigger as in grander. :)

damn...glad to hear you are ok too! Thats a big arse truck. Looks like he'll have lots to repair as well. Let me know if you need anything.

Holy Smokes!!!

I'm glad you walked away and that no one ended up in the ER.

Heck, it's the first time I really wheeled it in over a year! It did fantastic! No issues. Then..... BLAM!!!

I know I will have to find the replacement. I will start looking tomorrow. I am gonna try to go to sleep. I just got to get the image and sound from the impact out of my head !

Bigger & better? We will just have to see what happens...

BTW - You will NEVER get that image out of your head. You just have to do your best to work through the whole situation. Trust me, it will get better as time goes on. I know from experience.

Rest up and hug your family everyday.

Elias

So where is the 'dibs' on parts thread?

I call for engine!
:D

Thanks Rick! I knew I could count you. :laugh:

We will see what happens. If it gets totalled, I iwll defintely get another XJ and there will be a parts thread. But don't go dividing my stuff just yet.... the corps is still warm... GEEZ!

I did some searching last night and found about 8 unmolested 98+ XJ's under 100K miles and in good shape (at least in the pictures. Price ranged from $3000 to $7000. So it looks like I will find something if need be.

As for me, I am sore in my shoulders. Not as bad as I thought but I just woke up about 15 min ago. I was able to sleep and I did not have nightmares about the crash.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and offers.

WOW! glad your ok man, that couldve been alot worse..

WTF is that big ass truck doing on a trail anyway? You know damn well that that truck isnt gonna do anything the jeeps do, besides drive down that dirt road! Glad to hear that your alright.
it was probably that guy that brough that brand new dodge truck through BULL... Glad Everyones ok.:yelclap:

Robert,
Glad everyone was ok. The Jeep can be replaced. People Can't. I totaled an 89 last year when someone turned left right in front of me like I wasn't there. I walked away, too. For being a uniframe, XJ's can take a big hit. Accidents like this remind you that you are stronger than you think you are. Good luck.

Glad to hear your okay. If you end up needing a chiropractor let me know. My wife had terrible back issues after I stuffed her mach 1 sideways into a tree and I swear the man is miracle worker! He is in San Clemente so let me know. And if you need a hand with anything let me know I'm just over in Mission Viejo.

Thanks everyone.

I am sore in my shoulders and upper back, but I am OK.

I truly appreciate all of the well wishes and support.

I am sure that when I have to strip the old one and build the replacement there will be plenty of help.

Sorry to hear about this Robert. Glad you are o.k, just take it easy and get some rest. Let us know if you need any help, and like has been said ......love your family everyday!!!!!

......love your family everyday!!!!!

Thanks Ryno and E for this comment. One of the wierdest things is that my wife and son are out of the county. The come back tomorrow and I can't wait. It was wierd to think about if something would have happened to me that they would not even know!

I am very greatful that no one got hurt. I am also greatful for my family and all of my friends here on NAXJA.

Robert, you need to crash more often, that way it would be second nature and all your flashbacks would be drug related and not accident related!
Tell you what, just come wheelin' with me more often. That should do the trick!

Robert, you need to crash more often, that way it would be second nature and all your flashbacks would be drug related and not accident related!
Tell you what, just come wheelin' with me more often. That should do the trick!

Sure, as long as I am driving YOUR rig! :laugh:

DAMN Robert........time for a Bronco? haha Just kidding.

Glad to see your feeling ok. I bet you feel even more sore tomorrow (ask me how I know).

Back