• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ax-15 problems

thatguytrav

NAXJA Forum User
Sooo my jeep started shifting kinda funny on the way home. It slowly starting getting harder to shift.. then it didn't want to go into 1st or 2nd.. then 3rd and 4th. now I'm locked out off all gears minus reverse and all it does is grind when I try to put it in reverse and it won't engage. I checked the fluid and it seemed pretty full. Any ideas???

if your clutch pedal feels different than it did when all was well then thats a sign that your clutch slave cylinder or clutch master cylinder have died. i've never had to replace either of them yet so i can't help you much. i know they don't last forever though so it would be the first thing i'd check.

try the master cylinder 1st mine went out on my 91 and when it went out it did the same thing as yours is doing. its not hard to do just make sure you bleed it real good its a pain in the ass to get all the air out. if that not fix it do the slave cylinder its in side the bell housing so you gotta pull the trany

Back