• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 No Flasher/Hazards

Houghton

NAXJA Forum User
I put on a trailer hitch last week and wired it. Everything was working fine got up the next morning and noticed while driving I had no turn signals or hazards.

Checked and replaced all fuses and they were still good.
Replaced Flasher- still not working
checked power while using the good ground from brake lights that work and I'm not getting power to the the wire.
I even unhooked the new wiring and rewired back original- still no power
Tried a bigger fuse- not working

Anyone have any ideas I am lost.

I put on a trailer hitch last week and wired it. Everything was working fine got up the next morning and noticed while driving I had no turn signals or hazards.

Checked and replaced all fuses and they were still good.
Replaced Flasher- still not working
checked power while using the good ground from brake lights that work and I'm not getting power to the the wire.
I even unhooked the new wiring and rewired back original- still no power
Tried a bigger fuse- not working

Anyone have any ideas I am lost.

my hazards didn't work in feb. when i cracked a piston (hell of a time to find out).
fired up the jeep for the first time yesterday, and turn signals didn't work either. half way to work today, the started working again. i am going to be pulling a multifunction switch/stalk at the junkyard next time i am there. test that if you can. mine is a '99 BTW

Yeah, they might not be related.... Kind of a random thing. Like the guages dropping off once in a while for no reason.

I have a '98 and more often than not when I turn on the hazards they work fine for about 15 seconds then only the right side works. But sometimes they work fine and other times they don't work at all.

:dunno: Go figger :dunno:

Thats the turn signal switch in the column, common for the 97+, (about 90% of the time I've heard about it, its been '99s). I've had to replace the switch on one of my '99's, and the other needs it too.

You've replaced a bunch if parts, just replace everything else and run new wires too. Maybe bigger fuses too. (Sorry, I couldn't resist - don't do any of the stuff I said)

Did you use the adapter box to convert from separate turn/brake lights on the Jeep to combined turn/brake on the trailer?

Back