• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I tempted the Jeep gods and paid the price!

How about the backstory?

Axle? Gears? Locker? Tire Size?

Terrain? Throttle Position? What were you doing?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Eric

Yes, 33's and a locked Dana 35 with 3:55 gears. How did you know, who are you and why are you stalking me? LOL
No real catastrophic incident. Had it out in the woods a couple of weeks ago and all seemed fine. It started making a low rumble about two weeks ago, and got progressively worse until I parked it last week. For all I know, those teeth have been laying in the housing for a while, and it was the bearing that went bad. I got another 35, tossed my locker in, put on some new brake shoes, and she's good to go!

Yes, 33's and a locked Dana 35 with 3:55 gears. How did you know, who are you and why are you stalking me? LOL
No real catastrophic incident. Had it out in the woods a couple of weeks ago and all seemed fine. It started making a low rumble about two weeks ago, and got progressively worse until I parked it last week. For all I know, those teeth have been laying in the housing for a while, and it was the bearing that went bad. I got another 35, tossed my locker in, put on some new brake shoes, and she's good to go!
for how much longer till it happens again :variety:

Back