• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bumpstops?????

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
How do you get the front bumpstops off an xj? I need a little longer one but cant figure out to get old one off. Thanx for any help.

It depends, some have a screw in type, and others are in there solid.

Save yourseld the hassle and money and pick up a set or two of hockey pucks and silicone them on the spring pad.

HTH,

John

If you're taking about the rubber bumpstops inside the coil spring, mine just pulled out.

Why take them off and put longer ones on??? go to a hockey rink and pick up a set of hockey pucks or two and either jbweld them in or silicone them in on the pad....

Kejtar

Mine have held for at least 2 years

Trick is not to squeeeze them too hard into the pad as that will squeeze out the rtv.. just put them there and gently press them a little bit into the rtv

Yea mine broke off when I tried to remove them. I got a set of Rusty's extended ones but have not determined how to mount them yet. I was thinking of welding a nut to the metal where the bumpstop mounted. Then running a bolt through the BS to hold it in place. Any thoughts?

The driver side is cake. Drill and bolt down. The pass side is hard to get to because of the other brackets around the spring pad. I just used vice grips to lock the nut and twist the bump stop until it was tight. I have Off Road General Store bump stops. They are made from a block of aluminum, look really trick and work great. Juice

Back