• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuff to do:

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So what all does everyone have to finish up to get their rigs ready for the Crawl?

I need to get the t-case linkage squared away (I want a Novak shifter), adjust the auto trans, and get a set of sliders installed. When are you free, Mark?

finish the seat mounts, possibly new booster/MC

oh and make sure the tow pig is inline.

New brake lines, '00 WJ booster and Master cylinder, WJ knuckles and calipers. I hope that's it!!!!

What happened, sell yourself out of an equipped rig??:bs::confused::dunno::badpc:

I know you were keeping the MJ, but I thought I saw where you had traded tires or something....................:compwork:

BTW,
I still have to swap in the 8.25 and finish the ABS removal and disc install.
Finish Paint
install trail box
come up with tow hooks and a strap
:repair::yap:

uhhh i need to finish the jeep....

cage goes in tomorrow
front axle gets bracketed and front suspension built next week
tires
in between i need to build sliders and a winch mount

yikes

uhhh i need to finish the jeep....

cage goes in tomorrow
front axle gets bracketed and front suspension built next week
tires
in between i need to build sliders and a winch mount

yikes
psh.... plenty of time....

I just need to go over the jeep... just check it over real good. Maybe make a trip to Aetna before then, i don't know.

But... i do have a tow rig to get ready!
it needs:
-brake hard lines replaced (dad wants all of them redone), and probably soft lines too :(
-new belts
-air filter
-change oil
-probably coolant flush, check hoses
-fix leaking injectors, hopefully with a seal kit, and not buying new ones...
-check/replace glow plugs
-replace wiper blades
-figure out why lights don't work
-buy and install hitch
-buy and install brake box

...and i need to get my own trailer! because i'm tired of borrowing other peoples, and i really hate swapping tires! (and thanks to all who have dealt with me, and helped with that on previous trips... :clap:)

not too much to do... only bad thing is, the tow rig is NOT MINE!!! :mad:
it's my dad's... he got a killer deal on it, and being his, he will be buying the parts for it... and that's been the problem. finding time for the two of us to get the parts, and work together installing them (father son project :)) ...and what's bad, is that the truck has been sitting in the yard for over two months now, and from the day we got it, i've been bugging him to get started, because the crawl is coming up... and now its less than a month away!

and one other thing...
I won't be making it.

...if i add "install YJ seat in rear of Willys for Matt and Tiff" to my to do list, will you go then? :dunno:

Maybe if you add come to knowville this weekend to get alot of shit done that I cant do on my own, that might help.

Stuff to do: Pray that my Jeep comes off the boat in one peice...then replace the power steering pump. (and find a fire extinguisher)

~James

Reinstall the font axle. :) Weld rear. Buy front locker and install. Paint bare metal. Cut some of the front off. Isn't that enough?

Ok, weld rear, find money for front locker and install, cut on the front, fix rear DS problem, and paint bare metal.

Am I the only one with stuff left to do? FIll rear with gear oil, install front diff cover, Fill front with gear oil, mount front tires, grease all fittings, install u-joint in rear DS and install rear ds, blead the brakes! Might get it all done today after work.

Am I the only one with stuff left to do? FIll rear with gear oil, install front diff cover, Fill front with gear oil, mount front tires, grease all fittings, install u-joint in rear DS and install rear ds, blead the brakes! Might get it all done today after work.

No your are not the only one. "We" as you know still "need" to build and install my rock rails. Weld the front on my Disco and get the front off the ground about 2.5 more inches.

The rest has been done. Oh ya, you know all this we tqaked on the phone. ;-)
!!!1:party:!!!1​

I still got stuff to do too. This WJ swap was ill planned by myself. I started before I knew what I was getting into. You know, jump in head first...:twak: Now I'm going out of town on business all week and I'm gonna run out of time.

I'm thinking of putting all the stock stuff back on and just swapping the booster and MC and hope that does enough to get me decent brakes. Then after the CRAWL start fresh with a new D30 housing that's not a disco housing and rebuild it with WJ stuff.:wierd:

well i am prob gonna be ridin with one prelude seat on the pass side and a stock xj seat on the drivers side... cause i am to damn lazy to fab up some more stuff to mount the drivers one between now and then.

Back