• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Floor still getting hot..

search for heat shield, air bake, and cookie sheet. you can also use a late model stock heat shield

he he he .. well dont know if this has been adressed or not here is my little story.. my floors were so hot the kids shoes actually melted.. took out the cat.. no differance.. insulated the floors with that aluminium heat sheild crap ..no differance.. melted the plastic tank skid.. melted the rear spring mount bushing.. replaced tstat and everything else bla bla bla.. motor had 350,000 ks. pulled it out for a rebuild guess what i found .. my rad was plugged.. i had done my best to clean it several times but with the a/c coil sittin in front of it you just cant tell... a/c coil is gone now. got twin electrics .. its never run better

he he he .. well dont know if this has been adressed or not here is my little story.. my floors were so hot the kids shoes actually melted.. took out the cat.. no differance.. insulated the floors with that aluminium heat sheild crap ..no differance.. melted the plastic tank skid.. melted the rear spring mount bushing.. replaced tstat and everything else bla bla bla.. motor had 350,000 ks. pulled it out for a rebuild guess what i found .. my rad was plugged.. i had done my best to clean it several times but with the a/c coil sittin in front of it you just cant tell... a/c coil is gone now. got twin electrics .. its never run better

Wow, could be my problem...I recently even flushed the radiator...did your engine overheated when rad was plugged ? Mine doesn't...any easy way you might think to find out if my rad is plugged ? Thanks

Check to see if the muffler is too close to the floor pan, I had the same thing and replaced the muffler and moved it as far back as I could under the rear set and the problen was solved.

I put an airbake cookie sheet between the cat and the floor, solved my problems.

The heat in my XJ ended up being the cutout for the shifter, I got an ax-15 and the seal where the shifter comes in was gone, it still had the shifter boot, but the other one was just letting hot air blow right in. I fixed that and put some heat padding I got a roll from pep boys and it helped out a lot.

Back