• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lp d30 to hp d30 parts interchange

dogsled1

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning to replace my '01 lp d30 with a mid 90's hp d30 with abs. I'd like to know what parts will interchange and what will not, so I can keep stuff as spares or have needed parts on hand when I do the swap, as I can't afford to be down for long. From my searching and reading here is what I have come up with so far.

Carrier and spider gears are the same. Carrier bearings? Probably but not confirmed.

Ring gear and pinion are not (duh).

Knuckles are the same.

Inner and outer axle shafts are the same.

Unit axle bearings, calipers, rotors have different part numbers between the two years. It appears that up to 99 there was a 2 piece stamped rotor and the '00 up uses a one piece cast rotor. Can you swap unit bearings if you also swap rotors and calipers?

Unit bearings, rotors and caliper differences have nothing to do with ABS. The differences in ABS are on the tone rings on the axle stub shaft and the sensor on the knuckle. I never took a close look at teh ABS vs Non abs knuckles, but the non ABS knuckle may be missing the threaded hole for teh ABS sensor to mount.
Some where in 1999 they changed the rotor to cast and the unit bearing to fit the rotor with out any otehr axle changes.

Back