• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Food!!

MrSimon

NAXJA Forum User
Since this my first NACFEST, I'm curious what you guys do for food. I know there is a BBQ on Saturday night, but what about breakfast, lunch, and dinners for the other days?

Do folks go out for dinner, or is it campfire cook'n?

My plan was just to see what everyone else brought... "oh, nice, cheeseburgers, huh? hmm? hmmmm? nice. those look good. wow, you're a good cook....what's that? do i want one? ohh, i could neve.....Sure."

:D

Good question though. Honestly I think my buddy and I were planning to just bring a cooler packed up and a grill and just hang out around camp for the most part. Would be cool to learn of other's plans too, though :)

Aside from the Saturday BBQ it's each to his own, some totally camp cook others totally dine out, and most mix it up to each.

Its sort of "every man for himself" for all of the other meals except the BBQ. For me, breakfast is usually something quick (breakfast bar, breakfast sandwich at restaurant or convenience store). For lunches, quite often we'll bring lunchmeat/cheese/bread and make sandwiches when we stop for lunch on the trail. For dinners, we usually cook at the CG at least Thurs/Fri (Wednesday has typically been "pizza night" for us). There will be restaurants and grocery stores close by too, so no need to haul too much food up with you if you don't want to. Many folks go out to eat, and quite a few cook at the CG, so you usually have a choice of what you want to do on any given evening.

Since this my first NACFEST, I'm curious what you guys do for food. I know there is a BBQ on Saturday night, but what about breakfast, lunch, and dinners for the other days?

Do folks go out for dinner, or is it campfire cook'n?

My plan was just to see what everyone else brought... "oh, nice, cheeseburgers, huh? hmm? hmmmm? nice. those look good. wow, you're a good cook....what's that? do i want one? ohh, i could neve.....Sure."

:D

Good question though. Honestly I think my buddy and I were planning to just bring a cooler packed up and a grill and just hang out around camp for the most part. Would be cool to learn of other's plans too, though :)

LOL.... "Quick, hide the food, here comes *The Mooch* again!!!"

Yep, I just blew my cover huh :spin1:

i think i'm gonna bring a cooler full of food... camping basics (hot dogs, kielbasa, beans, eggs in a bag for breakfast, cold cuts for lunches, the usual) oh... and beer. mmmm beer.

speaking of beer, what are the alcohol taxes in that area, and are there any good local breweries that sell to local package stores? oh sorry... packie is a mass thing... liquor stores :p

speaking of beer, what are the alcohol taxes in that area, and are there any good local breweries that sell to local package stores? oh sorry... packie is a mass thing... liquor stores :p

PA is strange with our laws, beer distributiors carry cases, State Stores liquor and wine, and bars/restraunts only usually have 6packs. Some Wegmans etc do but i think it goes hand in hand with their take out food as the law is. But there is always some intresting local brew's to be found for sure.

so basically i should bring my own good beer and maybe hope to find some down there? maybe...

what variety beer is that? call me a snob, but my favorites are local stouts and porters....

mmm vitamin Y... get your daily dose.

I'm usually the elected cook of my group. *sighs* does that have anything to do with me being a woman? if so i'd be pis*ed.

mmm... Smithwicks and Blackthorn... I know whos fire I'll be visiting....

Well well be sharing a cabin with Egon and DITA so I figured you'd visit for a few laughs any way. :anon:

Back