• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Goodyear MTR?

Matt (IXNAYXJ) is running them in 37" he just got back from a snow run today so he should be able to comment.

I heard from a very reliable source that the new MTR Kevlar uses the same build design as the SilentArmor Wrangler, which has been experiencing delamination issues due to lack of heat dissipation capabilities of the Kevlar belting.......time will tell with this one. Should be some good feedback after Moab Jeep Safari, Goodyear gave the Red Rock 4 Wheelers several dozen sets to try out.

I'm having some serious issues with the whole Asymetrical thing too.

I don't like the idea of a semi directional tire that looks like it goes forward one way but backward on the other side of the vehicle.

Walker Evans walked right up Backdoor with a new set of them on his new buggy at KOH. Seemed to grip good in the rocks. MT/R's have always been about the best combination street/trail tire, and it looks like they made it even better. Time will tell.

Have to get used to the look, but it's an offroad tire, so who really cares if it works.

Walker Evans walked right up Backdoor with a new set of them on his new buggy at KOH. Seemed to grip good in the rocks. MT/R's have always been about the best combination street/trail tire, and it looks like they made it even better. Time will tell.

Have to get used to the look, but it's an offroad tire, so who really cares if it works.

If you look at the new design versus the old, you'll notice that the old design actually had more rubber on the sidewall that could grab rocks and aid in traction. This is especially true if the sloped portion of the sidewall is facing forward. Not that I care, my next set of tires will be KM2's.

Baja%2BRacing%2BNews%2BGOODYEAR%2BTIRES%2BWrangler%2BMTR%2B1%2Bwet%2B223.jpg

774brian_green_012.jpg

Back