• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

offroad lights

hagermanfolley

Builder
Im picking up some KC slimlites today how do I decide between driving lights and long distance lights?

How do you want to use them? I have checker hids up front and they work great off-road but they are too bright for street use so thats a - aspect.

it will be for offroad use but I was under the impression that you cant even use driving lights on the street, just not sure of the difference between the driving lights and the long range lights kc offers in the slimlite housing they are both 100 watt h3 bulbs. my wheeling is split between the desert and the mountains

if you like going fast, especially in the whoops. get the long range ones, and rely on your main headlights hi-beam for general illumination...

a nice sharp pencil beam will do WONDERS to your vision at night... i can see the definition of the whoops 300% better at night w/ my HID's on then during the day. it really helps for seeing that ONE deep whoop i never see coming during the day

i used to run IPF h4 housings, and hella 500 HID's (long range lens), and it was AWESOME. i have sinse converted to 100% HID.

also, i live in the city, but if your headlights arent bright enough, and you are trying to supplement them ON-ROAD, i'd make sure you have an upgraded harness and a h4 conversion, cause w/ that you shouldnt need an aux light for on-road....

only time my aux lights come on on-road is as a weapon. cut me off, and you'll be seeing spots.

ha i agree with XCM completely....i say run both if you can...
ideal setup IMO:
long distance lights up top...(roof rack)..get those lights up high so the light can get WAY down there....
put the WIDE bright lights on bumper...more toward the sides ...angled a tiny tiny bit down and out...expanding your light CLOSE to you and to your periferral...

with those and your brights you now have normal light....light up high/far ahead/dead center and lighting close range and to your sides....

EVERYTHING is lit up...

Back