• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stalls after warm-up

Jeff/Alaska

NAXJA Forum User
A while back I posted a problem with this 89 4L
Auto that quit running after it was warmed up. I have R&R the CPS after much discussion of this being the culprit sensor but have found that this is NOT the problem. Anyone with a Renix system should first disconnect the Coolant Temperature Sensor and leave it disconnected. My Jeep acutually runs better and gets better mileage with it disconnected and I have had no issues with it dying in traffic since. I do not know what the open vs closed loop issues are but I don't care now that it has not died in traffic no matter what the temp. is.

If you suspect that the coolant temperature sensor is involved and may be suspect, have you tried replacing that sensor? IMHO, it would be best to get to the bottom of this......it does provide some important input data to the engine management system.

Back