• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 wheel drive select linkage

tugalo

NAXJA Forum User
My son in law just bought an 87 MJ. It is missing the linkage between the 4 wheel select handle and the transfer case. Anyone have a photo so that I can make a link or does anyone have a linkage for sale?

Is it just missing the one rod or is everything gone?

Not sure if there is a difference, what tc/transmission does your MJ have?

far as i can tell, its just the one rod. There are a couple of brackets that are there. its a 4.0 w/5 speed, do not know if its a peugeout or an ax-5.

make a setup!
Picture005.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Probably a BA10/5 Peugeot.

Winterbeater is right, a salvage yard is your best bet.

If you absolutely can not find one local I may have one for a TJ or 90 XJ buried in the garage.

thanks for the photos, I think I can make one from them. i don't know if the bellcrank is there or not, my son in law was the one looking under the truck. If it is not there, I might be sending you a PM Joe, to see if you can find yours from the 90 XJ
thanks a lot guys, you really helped out....

When I bought my MJ the linkage was badly rusted. I went to a local Junk yard and pulled one out of an XJ - they are the same. It took about 15 minutes to pull it, cost about $10, and works great.

If you go to a yard to get one, make sure to take the following:

Sharp utility knife and some heavy duty scissors to cut away the carpet.
Screwdrivers in various sizes and shapes
Smallish socket set
A small sized pry bar and a big screwdriver - you'll need them to pop some of the rubber grometts lose.

I was able to get the whole thing out from inside the cab - I didn't have to get under the vehicle at all.

Back