• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer Idea

Ummm....guys?
One of the advangages of owning a Cherokee, you don't need no friggin' micro trailer to carry your stuff.

:D

that is if you dont have a freakin tire in the back! lol

ya i had to build a rack just to fit my small family and gear. a small trailer isn't a bad idea

When all your friends suck and dont have jeeps and you have to fit 5 people and all there stuff in one cherokee on week long trips a small trailer would be nice.

Awwww... it's cute! I've done 2 week road trips and 4 day dry camping trips with 3 teens and a 70lb dog and all the necessary gear, without a trailer. One trip I strapped 2 duffels on the roof so I could see out the back window, but after a rainstorm hit, I decided the back window view was highly overrated. If I had a trailer, I'd just end up not packing as smart. If I'm gonna drag any trailer (55mph) I want to be able to sleep in/on it, or ride in what's on it!

Awwww... it's cute! I've done 2 week road trips and 4 day dry camping trips with 3 teens and a 70lb dog and all the necessary gear, without a trailer. One trip I strapped 2 duffels on the roof so I could see out the back window, but after a rainstorm hit, I decided the back window view was highly overrated. If I had a trailer, I'd just end up not packing as smart. If I'm gonna drag any trailer (55mph) I want to be able to sleep in/on it, or ride in what's on it!
I agree I would want an adventure trailer with the RTT on it. This trailer is a bit to small but still kinda cool. If it was really cheap it would be worth it. But Seeing how that is ridiculously expensive il stick to complaing about the lack of space and lack of jeeps.

When all your friends suck and dont have jeeps and you have to fit 5 people and all there stuff in one cherokee on week long trips a small trailer would be nice.

My son and five of his college buddies (along with all thier snowboards and gear) took his Cherokee up to Big Bear for the weekend...
Now that I think about it, a trailer has some merit!

[FONT='Comic Sans MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Fully welded 11/2“ x 3” steel box frame
* 12 Ga. Heavy duty locking box (Black standard)
* Grade 8 hardware used through out
* 19 x 34 Utility rack (rack & storage box on hinges for frame access)
* Adjustable fenders (for different size tire/wheel combinations)
* Foldable tongue (upwards)
* Hidden stand in tongue (for parking stability)
* Yellow Top Optima Battery
* 10 Gallon fuel tank with gauge
* Electric fuel pump with 10’ Hose
* 2-Military utility boxes
* 2-Recovery hooks
* Hi-Lift jack
* Quick disconnect sight pole
* Utility light inside box
* 12 Volt accessory outlet
* Fire extinguisher
* 2.5 Gallon air tank
* 20’ Coiled air hose
* 8 6 Gallon water jug
* L.E.D. tail, stop, & marker lights
* Quick disconnect battery hook-up
* Standard 4 plug trailer connection
* Pintel hook ring connection (for maximum articulation)
* 8 2,000 capacity axle & springs
* Approximate weight 550 lbs (1450 lbs load capacity)
*Approximate size 5’ x 5’ (with tongue folded up)
[/FONT]
[FONT='Comic Sans MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT='Comic Sans MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]***Tire and wheels not included----

why so many features? i mean an aux fuel tank with a pump, air tank, and a 12v batt, with a 4 prong plug? why not go with a seven prong plug, ditch the battery, get electric brakes out of the deal, and still have plenty of aux 12v supply to the trailer?

4k is a very good argument to buy a welder. Imho.
[/FONT]​

I'd go seven wire and add an extra battery and a large inverter.
Maybe use a stick welder then?
I'd like to have the tires/wheels the same as my rig (emergency spares.)
It would need an XM radio too...

Okay, I like it.

My Jeep is full when I go out for the weekend wheeling, and it's just me. Dunno how u guys do it with more then 2 people. But I probably have more tools and spares filling my trunk then most since I wheel mine and come prepared.

The pictures on the promo card was a wrangler. Which makes more sense than using for an XJ. I've noticed a bunch of trailer threads lately but never have seen anything like this.

Personally if I were to get a tralier it would be one of the old military types.

Is there realy a pioint of mud tires on a trailer ? After all the trailer is just along for the ride and dos not provide any power.

Will unless you can use the trailer tires as spairs. That I can understand

I was thinking of making a small trailer out of a Comanche bed. Paint it to match my XJ, lift it and put on the same size tires, Herculine it, etc. Would be excellent for a show or go.

Build a rack, and pack smart. How much stuff is a trailer going to get hung up on on the trail. Now instead of just working your rig through the trail you need to pull that thing through and try to keep it from sliding off a rock and causing you to flop. It might be good for easy trails, but if all your running are easy trails then why do you need all that anyways.

Back