• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inauguration

Re: Innauguration

Naw... Respect...

Re: Innauguration

Don't people have jobs they should be doing instead of watching this garbage?

anyone else have the feeling something bad is happening and there is nothing you can do about it? :dunno:

I wonder; will anybody be telling any jokes?

Last edited:
anyone else have the feeling something bad is happening and there is nothing you can do about it? :dunno:

No. I unlike the majority of this board am going to support MY president and give him a chance. This is one of the most important days in U.S. history and I would rather be positive about the future of this country than negative. I didn't vote for him because I do not agree with many of his views, but at this point he deserves my full support. I don't know about anyone else but I feel pretty damn patriotic today despite the fact that I'm not an Obama fan.

Like watching that guy ahead of you just start to roll on the trail... you can almost see it in slow motion, you know what's coming but you can't do anything about it.

No. I unlike the majority of this board am going to support MY president and give him a chance. This is one of the most important days in U.S. history and I would rather be positive about the future of this country than negative. I didn't vote for him because I do not agree with many of his views, but at this point he deserves my full support. I don't know about anyone else but I feel pretty damn patriotic today despite the fact that I'm not an Obama fan.

If you don't agree with his views, why does he deserve your support?

This is one of the most important days in U.S. history and I would rather be positive about the future of this country than negative. .
What's so important about it? We still have pretty much the same congress.

:smsoap::rattle::bawl::wantyou::banghead::bs: :dunno: :badpc::doh::bawl::twak::scottm: :explosion:

That's pretty much how I'm feeling now....

EDIT: and people talk about Bush being stupid? Obama couldn't even "repeat after me"? Should have had a teleprompter for him....

Last edited:
This is one of the most important days in U.S. history and I would rather be positive about the future of this country than negative.

Are you serious? How is this different than the 43 previous inaugurations? Just because he's African American? Does that really make it one of the most important days ever? I thought skin color didn't matter.

Are you serious? How is this different than the 43 previous inaugurations? Just because he's half African American? Does that really make it one of the most important days ever? I thought skin color didn't matter.

:thumbup: fixed! :thumbup:

Are you serious? How is this different than the 43 previous inaugurations? Just because he's African American? Does that really make it one of the most important days ever? I thought skin color didn't matter.
Anyone who thinks skin color doesn't matter anymore is a fool. Racism is still alive and strong, but the fact that a black man has gone from 3/5ths of a person to the highest power in the US is amazing. Or to be technical, someone who would have been 80% of a person has become president. Either way race still is a large factor for many people.

3/5ths of a person to the highest power in the US is amazing.
Which is more than the person he ran against for the democratic nomination. Put it away already!

Anyone who thinks skin color doesn't matter anymore is a fool. Racism is still alive and strong, but the fact that a black man has gone from 3/5ths of a person to the highest power in the US is amazing. Or to be technical, someone who would have been 80% of a person has become president. Either way race still is a large factor for many people.

Yeah, for most black people. I'd venture to say that black people are more racist than white people now. We segregated by force back in the day, now they do it on their on free will. Think about it, how many white people care that Barack is "black", not many. How many black people care? According to the polls, 95%. I don't care if the President is 100% Chinese. If he was born here, and he is qualified, it makes no difference to me.

I got to watch CNN this morning and see a woman interviewed who was going on about there being "white folks" out there too, that it just wasn't all black people out there to support Barack. You think anyone was interviewed at Bush's inauguration "Man there are black folks out here too, it incredible".

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back