• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inauguration

I also don't think his race should be as big an issue as it is, on both sides of the aisle. Whether you're making a big deal over the first black president and the "end of racism" or that he's not really black, it's perpetrating the same dumb point.

It's only an issue on ONE side of the aisle because the other side is hellbent on making it an issue on the other. If people would just shut the hell up about racism all together, it would probably just disappear on it's own! It really is only an issue because people still cry it out and use it as an excuse, crutch, defense or reason for doing something. We'll never make progress as a society until all of the "ties that bind us" (STS) are cut.

Too many :cry::bawl: in this country

It's only an issue on ONE side of the aisle because the other side is hellbent on making it an issue on the other. If people would just shut the hell up about racism all together, it would probably just disappear on it's own! It really is only an issue because people still cry it out and use it as an excuse, crutch, defense or reason for doing something. We'll never make progress as a society until all of the "ties that bind us" (STS) are cut.

Too many :cry::bawl: in this country
Funny thing is, I fully agree with this statement. I've told my wife this on many occasions. She loves watching Tyra shows. But Tyra likes to always do shows focusing on racism in an effort to understand and erase it. THEN QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT!!! :D

Funny thing is, I fully agree with this statement. I've told my wife this on many occasions. She loves watching Tyra shows. But Tyra likes to always do shows focusing on racism in an effort to understand and erase it. THEN QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT!!! :D

When you come right down to it, I honestly think that Richard Pryor has done more in the cause of eliminating racism - by his overuse of the word "ni**er" - than the NAACP did by holding a symbolic funeral for the word. Rather than bury it, he threw it in your face until you became numb to it.

Me? I'm white. I used to hang out with black people. Didn't bother me - I still would, if I currently knew any. I don't care what colour ya are - we all bleed the same, no? The black crowd I used to hang with would get bothered if I didn't call them "ni**ers," and they'd call me "wigger" in return (yes, I could just jive along right with them, once I got started.)

On the flipside tho - and I've been saying it for years - "There will be racism as long as people insist upon being ni**ers." And this applies to all colours - the only difference between a Black ni**er and a Latino ni**er is the single word we use to descibe them - it becomes "beaner" or "spic." The principles and actions are the same - it's someone who thinks he's owed a living based solely upon skin colour. And who expects us to speak and understand Spanish (instead of Ebonics) so he can communicate, instead of having to learn English. I've run into the type before - and it was usually amusing. I'd get someone across the counter from me who would ask if I spoke Spanish, I'd say no, and he'd walk off swearing and calling me names. In Spanish. I'd call after him - in Spanish! - to stop that ****, and I understand him just fine. I'd also tell him that he's on the wrong side of the US border to function solely in Spanish, and he'd better learn some English before he came to see me again. I spoke, read, wrote, and understood Spanish (and Latin, Greek, Italian, Arabic, and Farsi) just fine, but I only used them when I was abroad. You came to my country, and I do not owe you the necessity to communicate in your language.

And, if it's not bad enough that we're getting fence-hoppers with the sense of entitlement, and welfare ni**ers with their sense of entitlement, we're raising a whole middle class with the same sense - and we're not going to get anywhere with them. Whatever happened to the great American spirit of independence? The fortitude to make it on your own? What are we becoming, and why don't I like it very much?

Back