• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help in occitillo

Ryno XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Manbearpig (mario) needs help. Stuck in occitillo.
Possible broken throttle cable.

mario phone is 951-216-5950.

call if you can help or assist in any way!

much thanks

i can call when i leave work @ 6, if he's still stuck. i also happen to have a new cable that i never got around to installing at home. it's for a '96, but i imagine they're all pretty much the same.

edit: nope, dammit they're different '96 up.
i'll keep watching this though, i can head out there with my cable after 6 if need be.

Last edited:
hmmmm, if I can be of any help give me a call.

I don't have any spare parts so I am not sure what help I would be...

619-403-6495

Well at the moment he is still stuck out there and now his alternator is going out. Does any one have a trailer that can be borrowed?
Or maybe a AAA card with a 100 mile tow on it?

Last edited:
Dont have a trailer but have a truck to tow with.

Well at the moment he is still stuck out there and now his alternator is going out. Does any one have a trailer that can be borrowed?
Or maybe a AAA card with a 100 mile tow on it?

Is it a throttle cable or is that a guess... ??
I might have one off a 89 MJ ???

Curt

He's got a few problems.

THe bracket that holds the throttle cable on the manifold broke, and also the cable stop in the pedal broke? So when he pushes the pedal, it's not even pulling the cable now.

Also his alternator is crapping out on him.

We realistically need to trailer him back. If someone has AAA 100 mile tow this would be the time to use it if possible.

I am trying to get a hold of my fiance', Ocotillo is about 2 hours from me and I have AAA plus.

She doesn't get off work till about 6-7, but I might be able to shoot out there so he can use my AAA tow.

I have never used it before, but as long as I am there for them to take the jeep, I don't have to follow him home right, lol.

I also have a friend with tow miles that I could use if need be. You only need to be there when the car is picked up I think.

Back