• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

grinding noise i cant figure out!!??

iroll919

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1998 cherokee sport about 5 inches of lift and 33" bfg ats RE hackntap and drive shaft

recently my clutch went out so me and my dad replaced it everything seemed to be working fine until the first snow fell where i needed to use 4 high to get up a hill by my work

i shifted the lever to 4 high like i always did and noticed it made a pretty significant vibration/kind of grinding noise and the light on the dash no longer comes on i checked all the connections everything got pugged back in to the proper places and is connected and we didnt do anything to the transfercase except change the fluid so i dont understand why this noise would suddenly just appear and 4 wheel drive is obviously working because it still handles better after i put it in 4 high it just makes a ton of noise and i cant tell if its coming from the transmission the transfer case or the front axle somewhere

does anybody have any ideas or suggestions things i could look for

im so lost

Back