• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost died the other day

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
Hahahaha just kidding. Although I DID almost flop the Jeep on it's roof.

I went out and did some wheelin' Friday with my pops. He went out in his YJ with my mom, and I was in the XJ. We ended up cruising down the Hemet Jeep trail, which I've been all over about 50 times. I know the good flex spots, etc, and just choose stupid lines to have fun. Well... I ended up choosing one a LITTLE too stupid, and the recent rain had apparently washed out a ditch a little deeper.

I dropped into it slowly, and felt the left rear start to rise, which was fine, it'll settle... any moment now, it'll stop... When the right rear left the ground I started getting worried. And when I was staring at the ground through my windshield and completely off the brakes I decided I was in trouble :laugh: I stabbed the throttle a bit and brought the ass end back down, but at the same time ending up with my passenger side in a 3 foot deep ditch.

My dad said my mom had a few choice words while she was looking at the underside of my Jeep hahaha :confused1 she already doesn't like Jeeping like I do. Even my dad, who just likes mild stuff, is too much for her haha. She flips.

Anyway, at that point, they decided to turn on the camera, and this was the video of me getting out. Not a whole lot of entertainment, but some decent flex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuFz98uxp90

Some stills from the day :D

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

I dig the cut n fold on the rear. Best cheap mod I ever did to mine. When I get off my thumb and get me bender finished I want to build a rear bumper like yours but with a tire mount.
Looks good... Maybe a cage next?

nice pics jim

your truck is one of my favorites...super awesome!

Thanks. Hopefully you can get another one and get it goin' soon.

Nice pics Jim, the first pic shows how much you need to trim those rear bumps to get where you should be flex wise....

Yea tell me about it, Gonna work on that today/tomorrow. Everybody is closed today, that's what sucks.

I dig the cut n fold on the rear. Best cheap mod I ever did to mine. When I get off my thumb and get me bender finished I want to build a rear bumper like yours but with a tire mount.
Looks good... Maybe a cage next?

Yea I like it, I think the wrap on the bumper finishes off nicely.

Its always twice as bad in person, didn't look so bad on tape, but I bet it felt hairy in the cab :D Nice shots.

Back