• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing of stock rim?

The Adam Blaster

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know the stock backspacing for the rims on a '98.
Theh info i've learned so far is that they are 15"x7", 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern, and the center bore hole is 71.5 mm in diameter.

But, still no idea on what the backspacing is...

My plan is to go up to a 8" rim, and an 11.5" wide (maybe 12.5") tire, but i want the rims to push the tires out quite a bit farther so i lose this annoying rubbing on the lower control arms.
Right now i've got 10.5" wide tires, and they rub at about 85% of full lock.

Anyways, i'd go measure my own rims, but they all have tires mounted on them making it harder to get an accurate measurement.

Stock BS is 5.25". Seems most people running 12.5" tires are running 4-4.5" of BS. HTH. JIM.

Mambeu said:
Stock rims are 5.25" backspacing.
Couldn't have beat me by more than 30sec. JIM.

Most people running up to a 12.5" tire are running 8" rims. JIM.

Actually, i just got a new job at tire warehouse/distributor and i can get some Interco LTB's in 31x11.5" for around $125.00 each.
I can also get some wagon-wheel style basic black rims in 15x8" for real cheap as well.
I'll get the rims with 3.75" BS so even with the wider tires, i'll still have a full inch more space on the inside of the wheel well. That should work out really well.
And i'll have a lot more grip than the current slightly worn BFG M/T's. :D

Back