• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 linkage for 4wd swap

drknyt

NAXJA Forum User
i just bought a 90 mj that was 2wd but i have a spare parts vehicle thats 4wd so im convert the mj to 4wd, i checked everything and they're both the AW4 trans, so far i got the front axle on and im starting to pull the trans and transfer case out of the parts vehicle, i got to thinking and i was just curious about the t case linkage in the mj, i know it bolts up on the side of the tunnel underneath on my parts rig but is there a place to bolt it in the mj? and whats the best way to run the lever up in the cab?

I’m getting ready to do the same thing however I considering doing a divorced transfer case. Probably a pain but I have the long bed and the truck has 7 inches of lift it would help with drive shaft angle up front. Just a thought but not an answer to your question. yea I have a problem with hi jacking threads chris

Don't know about an MJ, but, I bought a 2wd XJ and it had the holes drilled on the hump for the linkage bracket. The holes were filled with little rubber grommets. Pull your carpet and look. There is probably a hole for the tcase shifter already cut out as well.

Just a thought but how about getting a novak adapters 231 shifter linkage (part number SK2X) kit? Should work fine for your application. I'm running it in my XJ.

Back