• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Democracy In Action

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
:laugh:
Here'a a plan.
You know what would really PISS OFF the Democrats...

Bush should resign now.

Then Dick Cheney becomes President (that would really PISS OFF the libs)!!!

Then he appoints Condoleeza Rice as VP.

Then Cheney resigns two weeks later and Condoleeza Rice, A Republican,
becomes the first BLACK - WOMAN President!!!:loveu:

So what do you all think? I know it will piss off a couple of folks, but thats the fun part...

Let's examine that plan....
It's overly complicated and bizzar.

I like it!

There is only one small problem with it....

Cheney wouldn't resign on schedule, we'd have to impeach him ;)

I don't know why, but I just love that idea...

It's Byzantine, it's cruel, and it would just piss Obama off something bad (not to mention the Statist party he works for...)

I still can't help but wonder what would happen if a suit against him comes through - where they're trying to get him to produce his birth certificate. The Democrats went after McCain because he was born in the Canal Zone - and found that he was born on a Navy installation, therefore American territory, and was therefore a "natural born American."

Seems that Obama can't make the same proof of claim. What would happen if it is proven that he is not a "natural born American?" Would the Presidency default to his running mate, would both be DQ'd (effectively handing it to McCain, I think,) or what?

And, considering it would be a case of fraud at that point, how long can we look forward to Obama being put away for? Forever? 20-30 years?

Just curious...

wouldnt nanci pelosi become VP as speaker? UI didnt think they would "elect" a new VP.

That would be a great pair. Dick Chaney and Nazi Pelosi

wouldnt nanci pelosi become VP as speaker? UI didnt think they would "elect" a new VP.

No Representative Pelosi does not become VP.

As for VP Cheney & SECSTATE Rice, this could work except....Article II, Section 2 of The Constitution requires approval by 2/3rds the Senate.

I don't think so - the succession order outlined in the Constitution and Federal Law (I don't recall which title of USC) is for succession due to loss due to disaster, acts of war or terror, or other involuntary or unplanned loss. I'm sure that a new President could select his Vice if there were time - with Senate approval (which isn't likely to happen, but it should be interesting to see if they'd saddle Cheney with Pelosi out of sheer partisanship.)

IIRC, Ford replaced Nixon when Nixon stepped down, but who was Ford's VP? Was it the Speaker, or did he get to pick? I don't recall that bit...

I don't think so - the succession order outlined in the Constitution and Federal Law (I don't recall which title of USC) is for succession due to loss due to disaster, acts of war or terror, or other involuntary or unplanned loss. I'm sure that a new President could select his Vice if there were time - with Senate approval (which isn't likely to happen, but it should be interesting to see if they'd saddle Cheney with Pelosi out of sheer partisanship.)

IIRC, Ford replaced Nixon when Nixon stepped down, but who was Ford's VP? Was it the Speaker, or did he get to pick? I don't recall that bit...

When VP Sipro Agnew resigned over embarassment to the Nixon administration for I believe filing fraudulent IRS statements, President Nixon selected Sen Gerald Ford as VP, (circa 1973). Senator Ford was confirmed for the office of VP by the congress and became Vice President Ford. In August 1974(?) when President Nixon resigned due to allegations resulting from the "Watergate hearings" In accordance with Article II, Section 1 of The Constitution VP Gerald Ford assumed the duties and was sworn in as the 38th President of the United States. President Gerald Ford selected / appointed New York Governor Nelson Rockefeller and the congress confirmed as the 41st vice president.

Should President Gerald Ford been assinated by either Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme of the Manson Family or Sarah Jane Moore in 1975, VP Nelson Rockefeller would have become the 1st President of the U.S. to have not been elected by the electoral college.

Speaker of the House is the 3rd in line for the Presidency of the U.S., but would only achieve this milestone should both the President and Vice President be removed from office by an act of congress or by death or incapacitation.

I just happened to be in High School during this tumultous period in our country's history and is probably the reason I follow politics and The Constitution so closely. For the above I knew the order and who became what but used wiki to confirm the dates.

Dam people, don't think.. Just enjoy the JOKE.. i just think it was funny..ON the plus side, i know it will piss someone off..... Right MIKE...:clap:

Dam people, don't think.. Just enjoy the JOKE.. i just think it was funny..ON the plus side, i know it will piss someone off..... Right MIKE...:clap:

Actually if Senator McCain had selected Secretary Rice as VP he may have won. A real Liberals dilemna.

Back