• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What makes you think...

The best nation in the world is

donation

Just kidding. While we have our problems, issues, and quarrels. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Just look everywhere else. Especially the ones we've faught with, and the ones we've brought aid to in the past 100 years.

The fact that you can ask that question without fear of imprisonment, torture, or death is what makes this country so great.

Seems simplistic, but it is oh so very true.

America is the greatest nation on earth?

I've seen this is a few responses and I'm curious, do you think America is the greatest nation evar and if so, why?

:patriot:

We have are problems and are not perfect, but hell yes we are!!! We are the model for the world. That is why the eyes of the world were on us last night. Without us, the world stops. Why do you think when the economic crisis happened that the rest of the world start going into crisis. We make the earth spin. Why are millions of people still trying to move legally and illegally here every year? I could go on and on...

that's easy. I'll give you this, for all the individuals that claim they're leavin after every election, who leaves? How many people die trying to escape FROM America, how many die trying to escape TO America. We as a nation have the amazing capacity to survive, and the amazing ability to see situations and try to help. After every natural disaster in any country, friend or foe, we as a nation try to send help. After a natural, or man made disaster here, others rejoice, others that all too often have and are receiving our help.

that's easy. I'll give you this, for all the individuals that claim they're leavin after every election, who leaves? How many people die trying to escape FROM America, how many die trying to escape TO America. We as a nation have the amazing capacity to survive, and the amazing ability to see situations and try to help. After every natural disaster in any country, friend or foe, we as a nation try to send help. After a natural, or man made disaster here, others rejoice, others that all too often have and are receiving our help.

So immigration and foreign aid are the proof that America is the best?

Again, that isn't exclusively American. So I'll assume you mean that because we have the most immigrants (evidence?) and largest total dollars in foreign aid provided (evidence?) that makes us 'best'?

:cheers:

Evidence? Go to Laredo, watch the beaches near Cuba. The evidence is everywhere. The mere fact thet jack booted individuals don't come grab you up and beat the tar out of you is a good point. The fact IS that for all our flaws, WE as a nation are the greatest nation on the planet, bar none. Do you think not? I give you this, come up with the reasons you think our country is not the best nation to live in the world, and I will try to spoon feed you a retort.

The fact IS that for all our flaws, WE as a nation are the greatest nation on the planet, bar none. Do you think not?

I think declaritive statements of "who is better" are unlikely to be proven.
I think a general mindset that leads one to think they're better than everyone/everything else leads to apathy, complacency and discord.

I do not think we are "the best" because that term is too difficult to define and impossible to prove. I also don't think we deserve a feeling of superiority simply because you were born in a particular geographic area. :dunno:

I personally feel this nation is the greatest nation in the world ... for several reasons.

There is no other country with as many opportunities to grow and provide for yourself and your family. We have a very high standard of living in a country with many natural resources and beauty.

Despite many difficult times ... the Civil War, The Great Depression, two World Wars, our country has endured and maintained our liberty and freedoms. Our system of government has endured these difficult times as well.

We are all able to live and worship as we please. Those who wish to maintain there family heritage and customs are free to do so.

As a people, we are very generous with the wealth we have despite the fact many times it goes unrecognized. As a nation, we have come to the aide of others when many other countries either did not have the courage or the resources to do so.

This country has provided the world with many scientific achievements, not to mention those in many other areas. Many of the worlds greatest people have been born and raised here. Many of the world greatest people are educated here.

This is just a short list why I feel this is so. I'm sorry many are unable to see they are really and truly blessed to live in America.

Les

There is no other country with as many opportunities to grow and provide for yourself and your family. We have a very high standard of living in a country with many natural resources and beauty.

come on, that's bs. there are plenty of countries with natural resources, beauty, better standards and opportunity.

Despite many difficult times ... the Civil War, The Great Depression, two World Wars, our country has endured and maintained our liberty and freedoms. Our system of government has endured these difficult times as well.

lots of countries endured hardship. BFD. they're doing just fine as well.

We are all able to live and worship as we please. Those who wish to maintain there family heritage and customs are free to do so.

yawn. we live in a country when kay hagen is merely associated (falsely) with atheists and it's a serious threat to her campaign. amazingly southerners are able to see through the BS and elect her anyway. oh yeah, religious freedom ain't exclusively american.

As a people, we are very generous with the wealth we have despite the fact many times it goes unrecognized. As a nation, we have come to the aide of others when many other countries either did not have the courage or the resources to do so.

prove any other country either did not have the courage or the resources to come to the aid of others.

This country has provided the world with many scientific achievements, not to mention those in many other areas. Many of the worlds greatest people have been born and raised here. Many of the world greatest people are educated here.

and many immigrated here. any many never set foot in america. many scientific achievements were made outside the US. what about them?

This is just a short list why I feel this is so. I'm sorry many are unable to see they are really and truly blessed to live in America.Les

don't be sorry. i like living in the US as well. i'm not blessed to do so, but i'm appreciative. i just fail to see the logic in any of these "arguments".

I've seen this is a few responses and I'm curious, do you think America is the greatest nation evar and if so, why?

The answer is very simple.
When somebody like you steps infront of somebody like me, You get your ass kicked. Very simple. We are the best because we stand up for whats right, we don't back down from cowards such as yourself.

cause i live here!

With the exception of spelling and grammar, IMO, we are the greatest nation. ;)

come on, that's bs. there are plenty of countries with natural resources, beauty, better standards and opportunity.

lots of countries endured hardship. BFD. they're doing just fine as well.

yawn. we live in a country when kay hagen is merely associated (falsely) with atheists and it's a serious threat to her campaign. amazingly southerners are able to see through the BS and elect her anyway. oh yeah, religious freedom ain't exclusively american.

prove any other country either did not have the courage or the resources to come to the aid of others.

and many immigrated here. any many never set foot in america. many scientific achievements were made outside the US. what about them?

don't be sorry. i like living in the US as well. i'm not blessed to do so, but i'm appreciative. i just fail to see the logic in any of these "arguments".

First, not a single counter argument of yours has an iota of merit. While many other countries have given aid to countries in need, none have come remotely close to the generosity of the USA. The fact is, the USA has done more positive in this world in our very short history than any other. Yes, we're not perfect, but no country is.

Responses such as "BFD" or "yawn" to the positives of the USA lead me to believe you're about 18 years old with zero culture, a completely undeveloped view of world affairs, and no concept of history. And, despite using the "patriot" icon in your posts, you also sound like an unappreciative nit! Lastly, don't ask questions if you can't accept the answers.

No country can be proven to be better than any other free country, its all what the person living in that country believes to be better.
I've lived in Germany, Korea, and America, I think America is the best. I'm not going to give you my reasons, because they are my opinion.

But what is your answer to your own question?

Back