• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What makes you think...

albertsnuts.jpg

The US is the best cause we've got pink bunny slippers!!!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE DISCUSSION IS OVER! That's just hilarious! :roflmao:

this is why we are such a great nation, we're a lot of insensitive a holes, however we love each other and our country enough, to defend each other and our country to the death at times. Guys we owe him a debt of gratitude for making us think so hard and long (re: tallywaker) about our great nation. I love ya'll. Ya jerks.:patriot:

Wow, so much response from asking a question.

FYI, there’s scheduled PNW NAXJA meet 'n' greet next week. I wasn’t going to go, but if there is interest I can make the effort. I’m no longer a NAXJA member but I believe it’s open to all. Feel free to attend and we can address the finer points of ass-kicking and GTFO of my country over a beer and pizza. I’ll be prepared to defend why I don’t think anyplace can live up to the title of ‘best nation’ and you can prepare to kick my ass.

In addition, feel free to PM IXNAJXY, Dookie or ECKSJAY to confirm my pimply-faced teenager status if you’re unable to attend said meet and greet. It’s been a long time, but those guys have met me so they may be able to confirm your suspicions.

For those unable to show up, here’s why (in a nutshell) I think no place can lay title to “best nation”;
· Inconsistent, idiosyncratic or irrelevant definitions of what’s most important in defining "the best".
· Few if any of the “best practices” are exclusive to the USA.

For those who support the notion that the US is the best nation on Earth (as some of you have);
· I agree with the fact that the US exerts tremendous force economically, militarily and in humanitarian efforts to other countries. That is proof of our great power.

Finally, my counterpoint to the enormous power of the US is that power (i.e. might) does not make right. I also think that the notion of being the best limits the desire to do better. By definition, you can’t be any better than “the best”. So if we as a country truly believe that we’re the best, then what’s there to improve? I think there is a lot to improve in our country – which in no way detracts from our accomplishments.

FYI no one gives a shit what you think douche!

Finally, my counterpoint to the enormous power of the US is that power (i.e. might) does not make right. I also think that the notion of being the best limits the desire to do better. By definition, you can’t be any better than “the best”. So if we as a country truly believe that we’re the best, then what’s there to improve? I think there is a lot to improve in our country – which in no way detracts from our accomplishments.
Thanks for being more forthcoming.

As for the above quote... I understand that some may not be motivated to improve after earning the title of "the best," but that doesn't mean improvement can't still be had. The only limitation is, therefore, resting on your laurels. We can never be so satisfied with our achievements that we make no effort to improve.

All throughout society you can find that nearly everything under the sun is evaluated to establish what's best (at the time) among the competition. While that's the top title--and in this case you'd be correct saying one can't get any better than that, or more correctly, one can't earn a title beyond best--it doesn't mean you don't strive for improvement.

Nothing humans do is perfect. No country is perfect. Even if some country earns the title of best, there's always room for improvement and that includes the USA. Based on history, I still think we live in the best country in the world, warts and all.

Wow, so much response from asking a question.

FYI, there’s scheduled PNW NAXJA meet 'n' greet next week. I wasn’t going to go, but if there is interest I can make the effort. I’m no longer a NAXJA member but I believe it’s open to all. Feel free to attend and we can address the finer points of ass-kicking and GTFO of my country over a beer and pizza. I’ll be prepared to defend why I don’t think anyplace can live up to the title of ‘best nation’ and you can prepare to kick my ass.

In addition, feel free to PM IXNAJXY, Dookie or ECKSJAY to confirm my pimply-faced teenager status if you’re unable to attend said meet and greet. It’s been a long time, but those guys have met me so they may be able to confirm your suspicions.

For those unable to show up, here’s why (in a nutshell) I think no place can lay title to “best nation”;
· Inconsistent, idiosyncratic or irrelevant definitions of what’s most important in defining "the best".
· Few if any of the “best practices” are exclusive to the USA.

For those who support the notion that the US is the best nation on Earth (as some of you have);
· I agree with the fact that the US exerts tremendous force economically, militarily and in humanitarian efforts to other countries. That is proof of our great power.

You're a nimwit. I think you should go to the M&G. I can only hope that somebody there has read this dumb ass thread and smacks you up side your head for me.

I can't believe how many people replied to this thread with good intentions and had to listen to you justify their responses. WTF are you?
Like said above, nobody gives a rats ass what you think, or what you look like you arrogant little prick.

And another thing, lay off the pot. You don't have to define the word "best". It's not that complicated and I don't even have to sound like the nutty professor to explain it. Thout shall not, therefore one may assume Bla, bla, bla...

It's what you feel man! Just like I think my Jeep is the best. Is it? Does the Cherokee have top notch technology, highest quality metals? No. But I'll still call it the best. It's an opinion. Politicians say it (in Obamas case) because it's what the American people want to hear, period.
If you have to question this, as you have, than you do not feel it, and do not have the right to question or mock others on what they feel.

Last edited:
I wish I could go. I'm serious, I love to fight, and have never missed an opportunity to bleed, or bleed others. However, I feel most have missed our silly friends point, tried to or not he HAS made the point. We are the best, "warts and all" How many of you actually sat back and contemplated why are we the best? I damn sure did, I will tell you, there's a station that plays Ray Charles' America the Beautiful every morning, it chokes me up to hear it. After our back and fourth, my sissy self shed a tear when I heard him sing it, he meant every word. We are the best, we can speak of our differences, strive to become a better nation, bitch about the President, and the rest of the political dim whits. We can, and do change for the better, or worse every time we vote. We are the best, we give a damn. If someone makes it, killer, remember fight for submission, not to permanently injure, or kill, stay on the grass (if at all possible), and have a beer afterwards. It also made me think, I'm gettin fat, I need to work out, unless we wanna argue over the best man boobs. :patriot:

I would like to hear which countr(ies) the OP thinks is on par with us. France? Guilty til proven innocent... Germany? They have prosecutors who are also judges and write themselves warrants... Canada? Much lower standard of freedom of speech (holocaust denial is a crime, for example)...

Come on guy, you can do it

We are the best because we have, (limited as it is

becoming) FREEDOM! Freedom to succeed

and most important freedom to fail.:us:

I would like to hear which countr(ies) the OP thinks is on par with us. France? Guilty til proven innocent... Germany? They have prosecutors who are also judges and write themselves warrants... Canada? Much lower standard of freedom of speech (holocaust denial is a crime, for example)...

Come on guy, you can do it

I lived in Germany for about 7 years and loved every minute of it. In my book it comes in 2nd place.

Nazi sympathizers deny the Holocaust, and Iran, but Germans know it happened. They don't like to talk about it, can you really blame them for that?

But back to main topic I think Neil Diamond said it best with America!

Everywhere around the world
They're coming to America
Every time that flag's unfurled
Got a dream to take them there
Got a dream they've come to share
:D

"What defines America is: The solution to the human condition is liberty" - Quinn & Rose

Back