• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you think about this setup??

ryan7839

NAXJA Forum User
im planning my winter build and wanna wheel 38's, im thinkin the big offroad 8" leafs in rear with 8" coils in front on d44's front and rear with 4.88? im just not sure on the setup of the springs? any suggestions?

You don't need 8'' of lift to run 38's. A 5.5 kit with some coil spacers, and 5.5 springs in the rear.With the right bumpstops and cutting the fenders you will be fine.

With that much lift, you'd be real tippy.

Appalachianxj said:
You don't need 8'' of lift to run 38's. A 5.5 kit with some coil spacers, and 5.5 springs in the rear.With the right bumpstops and cutting the fenders you will be fine.

With that much lift, you'd be real tippy.

How wide are your 44s?

4.88 doesnt seem deep enough for 38's IMO, most people run at least that with 35's

as far as how much bigger the 38's are then the 35's in actuality im not sure...

yo ryan,iam running big offroad 8" springs in rear and love em..i have 6in springs in front with 2in pucks...i am using cust. long arm with cust over knuckle on a 30...rear is a 8.25..i used 2in spacers on the wheels to counter topping over....make damn sure those 44s are wide,or you wheel roll over...i would fab a long arm up front or buy a bolt on...not sure on your fab skills....if i bought a long arm i would go with the clayton setup...my bud has one and it works well....||charles||

Ben H said:
How wide are your 44s?

MDMike on the board is who im refurring too. He is runing 6.5'', waggy axles, with 38's and i think he has 3.5'' BS. The waggy's are 61'' wms i think.

I'll be running a 44/9, 6.5'', and 37's.

The 37 krawlers measure the same as the 38 sx's.

ya guys i have a set of waggy axles im lookin at so thats my wms, and as for the gears i was just wondering on the 488's im open to suggestions, and the 38's are new tsl's

so honestly you guys think 8 is too much on the waggy axles for wheeling capablities? i do live in pa and gotta keep it somewhat legal?!

Appalachianxj said:
MDMike on the board is who im refurring too. He is runing 6.5'', waggy axles, with 38's and i think he has 3.5'' BS. The waggy's are 61'' wms i think.

I'll be running a 44/9, 6.5'', and 37's.

The 37 krawlers measure the same as the 38 sx's.

I am running 4.5" of lift with a 44 and 60 (~67 wms) with 37" boggers with 5" of backspacing, and mine is nice and stable. The center of the front tires are just outside the fender (without flares).

Here's pics of mine on 35's with 8" SJ coils in the front and 5.5" SJ leafs / 1.5" shackles in the rear. I planned to run 38's with this setup but the tire cost changed my mind. I had about 10" of tire up travel (not shock) but only 4-5" down before the springs would unseat. For more coil droop I could use a RK spring but then the rear won't flex.

MTZ1.JPG

MTZ2.JPG

Back