• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just how much MORE change do you want?

Nuke Proof

NAXJA Forum User
This is an artical from a California newspaper
From the Lodi News-Sentinel
'Change' in statistics
Updated: Thursday, October 9, 2008 7:31 AM PDT
This was brought to my attention and thought it to be very interesting whether you're a liberal or a conservative, or just for general information.

George Bush has been in office for seven-and-a-half years. In the first six years, the economy was fine. Now a little over a year ago, it changed; consumer confidence stood at a two-and-a-half-year high; regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon; the unemployment rate was 4.5 percent; the Dow Jones hit a record high
14,000 plus; Americans were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas living large!

But Americans wanted "change!" So in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress, and yes, we got "change," all right. In the past year consumer confidence has plummeted; gasoline is now close to $4 a gallon; unemployment is up to around 5.5 percent (10 percent increase); Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 trillion and prices still dropping; one percent of American homes are in foreclosure; as I write this the Dow is probing another low:
$2.5 trillion has evaporated from stocks, bonds and Mutual Fund Investment portfolios!

Yes, in 2006 America voted for change, and we got it! Remember the president has no control over any of these issues, only Congress. And what has Congress done in the last two years? Absolutely nothing. Now the Democratic candidate for president claims he is going to really give us change, along with a Democratic Congress!

Just how much more "change" do you think you can stand?

Shocking isn't it? Everyone wants to blame one person - the guy who was there for 6 years and everything was fine...

Then the shakeup happens, and "change" occured with people who actually MAKE the laws (the ones to blame for 99% of our problems - again, we're not a dictatorship here). All of the sudden it's Bush's fault...riiiiight....

While I do think he's a bit arrogant, and needs to listen more, he's not the one to blame for all of our problems.....

Shocking isn't it? Everyone wants to blame one person - the guy who was there for 6 years and everything was fine...

Then the shakeup happens, and "change" occured with people who actually MAKE the laws (the ones to blame for 99% of our problems - again, we're not a dictatorship here). All of the sudden it's Bush's fault...riiiiight....

While I do think he's a bit arrogant, and needs to listen more, he's not the one to blame for all of our problems.....

What is more entertaining to me, is the people who make no qualms about bashing Bush and how he single handly screwed this country up, will have nothing to say when faced with 'facts' that disprove their position.

Me unfortunately, I am very new to politics and have been trying to catch up on past events. I find myself asking, "What exactly did Bush do?" When it comes to politics, they are all liars. None of them do what they say and most of them F up by the numbers. You just have to vote for the lesser of evils.

Okay I read the artical, but I think I am missing the point. What is it exactly you are saying?
You think Kaiser is bad? Just wait.

I see what you're gettin at. I understand that Bush is only a small part of the problem. However for a lame duck president, what a let down. To be able to help, without worrying about reelection, he's been very ineffectual. Also to keep this in the off topic section, is peni the singular of penis, or the plural? Can I write Peni here?

Back