• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KM2 Update

Thats great!
Have you heard if anymore common sizes are in the works?

Man wish i had the money to buy new tires. When they make a 35" i might be in on some.

Oh crap, last i saw they werent making a 35 for a 15" rim. Thanks for the link Russ. Maybe next time i need tires ill go with these, the look pretty sweet.

yea they just put out hte 35s on 15" rims, they are a realyl good price too, that price is no mistake. Im getting those or bighorns.

Mosephus said:
I know there is ALOT of Red tape but why are the 15 in 35's $196.99 and the 16 in 301.99 a piece. I've never quite understood tire pricing.

Probably b/c different load ratings. The 16's have to support more weight, so they're gonna have more crap in them. :laugh3:

hell...after the claws wear off..ill be sportin km2s...

I know this sounds counter intuitive, but the 35" may take less time to make since the tire is larger yes it may take more material but if they can produce more 35" tires per hour then the 33" since the 33"s may take more time to take on and off.

It took a tire shop close to 45 min to put one some low profile tires on my 16" rims for another car, because of the thick side wall and low profile they had to put a few of the tires up to over 80 psi for the bead to lock....

If a tire machine can produce 20 35" tires at 50 pound tires and 15 33" 45 pound tires then it becomes a cost of material over cost of operating the machinery.

FWIW,

I tried to order from 4WP's today and they are saying wont get any 35's until the end of this month, they are saying it's back ordered. Umm.

But calling BFG they have a huge stock of these in the warehouse and suggested I go to a smaller shop.

I will see how that goes tomorrow.

those KM2's will work out great on the spyderlocks I just picked up.

I know a lot of the big 4x4 companies delay ordering tires until they can get a truckload at a time to get free shipping. so, some companies are out of stock (and say backordered)... and others are just backordered and actually waiting on parts. If I was a purchasing guy, I'd order a truckload of the KM2s right off the bat. the 33s and 35s should sell quickly!

I just ordered mine from my local Discount Tire today, and they should have them Monday or Tuesday.

Discount price was listed at $232 a bit more then 4WP's but I didn't have time to wait, plus Discount was pretty good about getting REAL close to the $197 4WP's

Hope to have them on soon.

Back