• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swapping in 8.25, what do do with ABS

etaniyani

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone, im taking out my rear axle (D35) as im writing this, and swapping in an 8.25. what do you guys do with the abs lines running into the axle?

and once im finished, what fuse do i pull so that the abs light does not light up on the dashboard? and does that fuse control anything else at all, i want to make sure that it only turns off the abs light and doesn't hinder anything else from operating. Thanks.

For 1997-2001 the rear ABS lines have a connector under the rear seat. Unplug the wires and push/pull them out through the floor.

Pull the ABS relay in the PDC and the ABS light should stay off. I never bothered to find or pull any fuses or remove the ABS pump.

I made my ABS work on the 44 that I swapped in. Sounds like you've already decided to ditch the ABS though.

ya basically already decided to ditch it, it sucks anyways. I had a switch on it before, and i turned it off while offroad everytime, so no sense in spending my time to get it to work.

pulled the relay, so abs light is gone, thanks. now for those cables hanging out the back, im thinking about just cutting them off as close to the body as necessary, any advisement against that?

the hard lines to the pump do not have to be capped. I ditched my turdy-5 for an 8.25 a couple years ago. I just pulled the relay, the abs light from the dash and cut the wires where they went through the floorpan. the brakes still work as normal, just without abs

hth
stewie

Back