• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

location of the DRL module

can only guess on a 96, but my 97 is under the hood, against the firewall behind the fuze box area.

lookin to get rid of the DRL's are ya? I did the same with mine when I upgraded the wiring... caused relay problems

does it or did it look like this... passengerside by the firewall
012.jpg

looks like i ya. bout the size of a pack of cigerettes.
if you simply unplug it you loose the DRL's... but you also loose the blue highbeam notification light in the dash. I can't find the site right now, but there is a site that explains how to retain the blue light by simply putting a small wire from one plug on the DRL to another.

I'll try and track the site down, in the mean time, that seems to be the DRL in your pic... unplug it and that should be good.

this cut n pasted from BC4x4 thread. worked for me.
just cut a short (like 1") piece of wire, strip the ends, put bare wire in #1 & #4, zap strap the wire down for good measure and away you go.

zj780291.gif

I jumped #1 and #4 to make the high beam indicator work again.

When I did my harness upgrade, I wanted to pull my DRL plug and run the jumper (like the previous posts show) but when I pulled the DRL plug, my remote door locks stopped working... I don't know who did the install but there is some relationship between that stupid DRL module and my remote locks and it's making me mad trying to figure out how to bypass the problem.

:hang: So.. I was looking all over my firewall for this. In my '90 LTD it was 3" (75mm) from my battery under two other connections, on top of the wheel well. Where I live drl are manditory, so I pulled one from a '99 at the wreckers. Now I can turn the jeep off and walk away without the lights staying on.

Back