• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new camera

juniorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
well i done it this time. i went and got me a new camera. after looking at all sorts of different camera makers and playing with as many as i could get my hands on (i think i got calouses.) i finaly decided what i wanted and picked it up 48 hours ago. in that 48 hours i shot someware around 1400 photos. i'll bet ya'll are saying "well, what did you get." and the answer would be; a NIKON D60, 10.2Mp digital SLR. i dont have any photos ready for upload yet, i have to weed through the crap to find the jewels. though soon thay will be right here in this thread, so keep an eye out.

Congrats! I picked up my Nikon D70 a few months ago and have put it to good use...it's totally addictive. What lens(es) did you buy?

I'm running a Nikkor 18-70mm and have been pretty pleased. As I'm sure you know after your research, good glass is the key to good pictures; it's also where things get really expensive. Here are a few shots I've taken recently with the D70:

306.jpg

118.jpg

149.jpg

301.jpg

353.jpg

188.jpg

194.jpg

179.jpg

Enjoy the new camera, man! Post up some of the pics you've been taking!

-----Matt-----

Are you going to get a neck strap, or secure it to your body in some way shape or form?

I just came across a used on in TSF, had soem pictures of some guy in a doorless red XJ....:gee:

To bad it's not a Canon...then you'd be REALLY cool.

GlueNTape said:
Are you going to get a neck strap, or secure it to your body in some way shape or form?

I just came across a used on in TSF, had soem pictures of some guy in a doorless red XJ....:gee:

wait what! are you yankin me. your farking with me arent you? and yes it came with a neck strap, and its always there. got a UV filter too, i would rather scratch a 10 lens than a $200 lens. oh and my lens is currently the kit 18-55mm f3.5-5.6.

Very nice Matt! Glass IS where the money's at! wait til you get the urge for a 70-200 f2.8, or better yet, a 300 f2.8. I have the first one mentioned, not the second one though. And Macro is sweet too, but a nikon 105 is $500. But my fav is prob the 50mm f1.4. lightning fast! What i need is a 28-70 f2.8. Anyone got one they wanna get rid of? :)

so i finaly got some pics uploaded to my photobucket, not many are good yet but thay are getting there.

so here we go.

lets start things off with the coolest decal on a U-haul i have ever seen.
DSC_0146.jpg

something is wrong here
DSC_0151.jpg

just a cat
DSC_0227.jpg

dang! just missed a yawn
DSC_0419.jpg

is it real?
DSC_0417.jpg

just thought this was kinda cool looking
DSC_0472.jpg

now some flowers
DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

guard frog
DSC_0368.jpg

a bug
DSC_0341.jpg

and a realy neat shot of my house.
DSC_0393.jpg

so what do yall think. thay deffinatly have a learning curve, but im getting it.

IXNAYXJ said:
Thanks man. I'd like to buy some more glass, but it's all just so damn much money. For now my one-lens 3-yr old camera set is fine...I'm a writer not a photographer. :) Nice to have as a back up, though.

What have you been up to?

-----Matt-----

Oh, workin full time through the summer, gettin ready to start school again Aug 21st. Haven't done much to the jeep recently, but plan on buyin an internal rollcage and putting that in. My wife's in Cali, practicing with a couple teams and gettin coached by her dad, she's gonna try out for the women's professional league in December. She's been out there since Memorial Day. Things are goin pretty well, i have two roommates now, my brother that was in the Corps with me, and a cousin. Just stayin in shape and workin a lot really. I've only got my D200 out a handful of times since I left Fed Way. :( Sucks man, not much to see round these parts :) I've been meanin to call you, i will soon. Peace Matt.

juniorXJ, those are all nice shots. One suggestion if I may though. Try not shooting directly down on the flowers, it's the most tempting position, but also the most bland when you see it on the viewing screen.

adamusmc2002 said:
juniorXJ, those are all nice shots. One suggestion if I may though. Try not shooting directly down on the flowers, it's the most tempting position, but also the most bland when you see it on the viewing screen.

you know as i was looking at them after i posted them i thought that same thing to myself. deffinately all suggestions are welcome. thay make me better.

and hay dustin, there is plenty to do with one of these.

i got some shots of the sunset tonight, im uploading them to my PC now, we'll see if thay are any good then we will post some.

Well I still vote for Canon... :). Here's some shots I got today at a riding spot with my friends, while we're sharing pics. We took a trip in my Jeep over the mountains and thru the woods.

2767223052_9303b55c44.jpg

2766374985_e1a02d57b5.jpg

2767220586_c5a8662cde.jpg

2767220810_df32844360.jpg

2767221232_efa6374631.jpg

2767223420_f97973daff.jpg

I'm semi-happy with what I ended up getting. The trick was not having much time to set-up, it was pretty much ride to a spot, get 2-5 hits in and ride to the next place. And since this is all double dimond trails, I had to pack all my gear and ride very carefully.

Hopefully these pics throw some ideas out there for all who are interested in photography.

IXNAYXJ said:
Congrats! I picked up my Nikon D70 a few months ago and have put it to good use...it's totally addictive. What lens(es) did you buy?

I'm running a Nikkor 18-70mm and have been pretty pleased. As I'm sure you know after your research, good glass is the key to good pictures; it's also where things get really expensive. Here are a few shots I've taken recently with the D70:

353.jpg

Enjoy the new camera, man! Post up some of the pics you've been taking!

-----Matt-----

Is that a '69 / 70 Shelby? Where and what?

Back