• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor trans and t-case swap

XJwheeler95

NAXJA Forum User
hey every one out there i was just wondering if anyone has ever swapped a standard trans motor and t-case into a jeep that used to be a auto b/c i just got my hands on a new jeep and i plan on doing this and i was wondering if anyone who has done this befor and run into problims any info is much appricated

go to the search and open up the advanced search and type in "swap transmission" it pulls up what you need.

ya i read ur post from a day or two ago and ill be swaping the the motor trans and t-case from my old one to my new one but the only thing i was wondering is the assenbly for all the clutch conponets like the mount for the clutch pedal and master cylinders are there

Okay the swing pedal assembly bracket (the part that mounts the pedals to the dash and firewall) is exactly the same between the auto and the manual. The only thing you need is the two pedals (clutch and brake), the pivot bolt and the bracket brace (a piece of sheet metal that bolts to the clutch side and braces it against the firewall.)

My bracket was removed to mount the pedals on it, I am sure it can be done without removing it, but it would be a pain.

Next get the clutch master cylinder and the mounting bolt (the master cylinder has a stud on the bottom) and mount it. Between the fender and the booster on the firewall just below the hood hinge is three dings/dents. The top and bottom hole drill out to 7/16" and the center hole, hole saw it to 1 5/16."

Thats about it, hope this helps

Back