• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater Hose Size

JNickel101

NAXJA Forum User
Since I just found out I'm returning in 10 days....

:party:

Looking at ordering a bunch of stuff for the moneypit...on my list is to redo the cooling system...

Anyone know off hand what the sizes are for the heater hoses?

2000 XJ 4.0L

I did some searching and from what I can tell, it's somewhere between 5/8" and 3/4". Some say 11/16". I'm looking at going $BLING$ and getting the BRX Silicone hoses :D and they come in 5/8" and 3/4" - how many feet of which should I get for both heater hoses?

Thoughts, ideas, help? Thanks guys!

I would, but if you look at my location, and my post, I'm not exactly close to my jeep.

Thanks though.

The hose to the heater, IIRC is 11/16, and the return is 5/8. Try to find 11/16, though. We have three XJ's, and we've had to cheat and use 5/8 on them. If you're going to the trouble of replacing the heater hoses, also do the Heater Control Valve. It doesn't cost much, and I've had to replace them. Try to find the OEM type of curved hoses from the core to the valve. Makes life a little easier.

:thumbup:

Thanks! I'm guessing you're referring to a renix when you say heater control valve...right? My 2000 doesn't have that...

Thats silly that they're different sizes on each end....stupid proprietary Mopar...grumble grumble....

JNickel101 said:
Since I just found out I'm returning in 10 days....

:party:

Looking at ordering a bunch of stuff for the moneypit...on my list is to redo the cooling system...

Anyone know off hand what the sizes are for the heater hoses?

2000 XJ 4.0L

I did some searching and from what I can tell, it's somewhere between 5/8" and 3/4". Some say 11/16". I'm looking at going $BLING$ and getting the BRX Silicone hoses :D and they come in 5/8" and 3/4" - how many feet of which should I get for both heater hoses?

Thoughts, ideas, help? Thanks guys!

Recently went thru the entire cooling system on my 98 XJ 4.0L...
Water pump, clutch fan, chemically clean radiator, heater core to water pump return line, radiator cap, thermostat, inlet and outlet radiator hoses and heater hoses.
IF you purchase 36" of both heater hose sizes... you will have more than enough.

Back