• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone making Bumpers/sliders?

tharlanjr

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had the Fab skils or equipment to fab me up a small basic bumper and some sliders.

I can weld and use a cutting torch, but I dont have either of them.

If you can build I can pay you what you want, or I can help and still pay and supply the beer...

This if for a ZJ, not an XJ...

Thanks!

I have made some sets of sliders for people. I use 2x4 1/4" or 2x6 1/4" tubing. If you search on this site there are pics of them. Also hellbilly makes some very popular sliders out of round tube.

Thanks guys, Your best bet being your down in SD would be Troy. I'm pretty busy & won't have time till the end of August to do it anyway so hit up Mr.Overkill he's a great guy does good work.

p.s Gerr can't weld he just talks about it.

tharlanjr said:
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had the Fab skils or equipment to fab me up a small basic bumper and some sliders.

I can weld and use a cutting torch, but I dont have either of them.

If you can build I can pay you what you want, or I can help and still pay and supply the beer...

This if for a ZJ, not an XJ...

Thanks!

hellbilly04 said:
p.s Gerr can't weld he just talks about it.
ive seen him do it on Floppy's rear spring perches! and remember him saying "im plenty hot but im not getting any penetration"

:D

haha...i rremember that! that was actually quite a loooong day....now that i think about it labor day is coming up in a few months...we should have another wrench party!!!
GrimmJeeper said:
ive seen him do it on Floppy's rear spring perches! and remember him saying "im plenty hot but im not getting any penetration"

:D

I sent troy a pm, just gotta wait and see...

By the way, sorry for your hot and ready, but not able to penetrate problem...

:gonnablow

tharlanjr said:
I sent troy a pm, just gotta wait and see...

By the way, sorry for your hot and ready, but not able to penetrate problem...

:gonnablow
ehh it was a bad day for the 110 unit that died as we were trying to use in a pinch. I still chuckle about that once in a while. My wife claimed the 70amp welder as hers and wants to learn how to weld, so I got her scrap and a helmet, I think she will do fine shes one of those perfectionist people and she has a worlds worth of patience which explains why she puts up with my ugly mug.

Back